Military, NFA, what address?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, renegade, bakerjw

Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Military, NFA, what address?

Post by Cootmeurer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Somewhat complicated question, hope someone has done something like this.

I am retired military and mentored a lot of students after retirement as a JROTC instructor. One of these students (former foster child, orphan, all that stuff) I took under my wing almost as a son, and he is now proudly serving as a Marine. He wants to get his own CF Supressor (and quit shooting all of my ammo through mine) but here is the dilemma.

He entered the Corps from KY (a supressor friendly state) but really doesn't maintain an address there except his drivers license at this last foster home. He is currently stationed NC (where I also reside) but deploys on a regular basis. He is also living on base, in barracks. He cannot keep any weapons there, except in the armory and no personally owned NFA items.

How do we go about getting him a supressor?

Do we set up the trust with his and my name on it, then store them here? Other ideas?

New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:44 am
Location: London

Re: Military, NFA, what address?

Post by robincooper » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:59 am

Please, specified state (you can do it in Private), as we all know new state, new legal

Post Reply