Schematics/Spec Sheet with Measurements Needed

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Boots_Ass_Cpl

Schematics/Spec Sheet with Measurements Needed

Post by Boots_Ass_Cpl »

Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a data bank full of silencer designs, baffle stack designs, baffle configurations, baffle shapes, clipping, ect. that are caliber specific and how well they perform. I'm trying to learn about all aspects of silencer design, and the more information and data I can get, the more i can learn from it.

My goal is to start manufacturing silencers in the next few years, and the spec sheets will help in the design of my cans. I will be running simulations on gas flow, but being more educated on the subject cant possibly hurt. I will be doing a ton of research, but if you have schematics or blueprints that you would like to share, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks guys
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Re: Schematics/Spec Sheet with Measurements Needed

Post by Capt. Link. »

(My goal is to start manufacturing silencers in the next few years)

You should design & build a few F1 suppressors before you sign over your inheritance on manufacturing them :D
The Silencersmithing Forum is where you can learn more about building a F1 item plus some on past and current design.
enjoy !
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Re: Schematics/Spec Sheet with Measurements Needed

Post by ECCO Machine »

Capt. Link. wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 pm You should design & build a few F1 suppressors before you sign over your inheritance on manufacturing them :D
The Silencersmithing Forum is where you can learn more about building a F1 item plus some on past and current design.
enjoy !
This.
Boots_Ass_Cpl wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:12 pm I will be running simulations on gas flow
No flow modeling program gives data that's useful in suppressor design. It's been tried, and the resulting products suck donkey phallus.
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist