newbie check-in, advice for first 9mm silencer

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

liddlebit81

newbie check-in, advice for first 9mm silencer

Post by liddlebit81 »

Hi,

Newbie checking in here, glad to find this site. Browsed it before, but finally ready to buy my first can, and I know I need to register to get more answers.

I already have a dedicated dead air mask for my 22lr caliber, and now I'm looking to add 9mm to the list. I am looking at some options, and hope you guys can steer me the right way.

I don't mind having a dedicated 9mm silencer if it's quality built, quiet, and easy to clean. If i can find a hybrid that can do all that, even better. But I am concerned the jack-of-all-trade will have to get compromised somewhere, sometimes db reduction, or weight, length, or all of the above. I also am concerned with the additional cost for the hybrid just to change caliber, it may not be worth the hassle. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

with that said, for the hybrid, I understand the following are all pretty good: Ghost, Osprey, Octane, Obsidian. What should i look for in a dedicated 9mm can?

I will be using a p229 as a host to start off with.

Glad to be here, and thanks all for your help!