Tirant 45 blew apart

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Tirant 45 blew apart

Post by YugoRPK »

I was at the range shooting a 45 ACP AR 15 and I noticed a big fireball coming out the end of my 45 Tirant with fixed piston. Never seen that before. The range safety guy calls a cease fire and I look at the end of my silencer and its not there. Nothings there. Just the tube. So we go down to look for the guts and 40 yards down range theres silencer baffles laying all over the place. I managed to find all the pieces and to my total surprise none of them looked damaged. The end cap threads look pretty weak but it all screws back together.

What do you think? Heading back to AAC for an evaluation?
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
#40Fan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Tirant 45 blew apart

Post by #40Fan »

imgbb.com is a good photo hosting site. Upload. After uploaded, pull down menu, select BBCode Full LInked. C&P that.
ECCO Machine
Silent But Deadly

Post by ECCO Machine »

YugoRPK wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:28 pm What do you think? Heading back to AAC for an evaluation?
Yep. That's what warranties are for, and I'm sure AAC will get you squared away. Probably out-of-spec threads
FFL07/02SOT Gunsmith & Machinist
MKP

Post by MKP »

I cleaned my Tyrant 45 can in a ultrasonic cleaner with the same method I used on my SWR.
The Tyrant tube came out bright silver colour. Only a few scraps of black paint still on it.
I thought that tube was parkerized or something or I'd not have done that.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

I did get it back with all new internals, end cap. Took 3 months.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Post by jimbo45 »

thats not too bad.