Sionics two stage end cap question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Moxdawg

Sionics two stage end cap question

Post by Moxdawg »

I am new to the forum and have a question about sionics two stage suppressors. I have had a Mac 10/45 and sionics suppressor for a couple of years. I have kicked around the idea of having the suppressor rebuilt by bowers, but keep talking myself out of it. A part of me wants to keep it original. I have read about AWC wipeless end caps and thought about just trying that option. Just not sure they still offer that service. Does anyone still offer wipeless endcaps these days?

I have included a pic of my end cap which does not have a lock ring. The endcap washer appears to be glued. Has anyone seen this before? Can the wipes still be replaced? They are currently dry rotted. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Moxdawg on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sionics two stage end cap question

Post by a_canadian »

Can't offer any help with the technical suppressor questions. As for pictures, you'll need to upload whatever images you like to an online hosting service and then use whatever mechanisms that service has in place to share a direct link to that image. Paste such a link in line with the text of your post where you want it to appear, highlight that link, then click the little icon above the text box which shows a mountain and a sun, the insert image icon. Either that or manually write out IMG tags using brackets, per basic PHPBB protocol. Some image hosting services (Photobucket can go to hell) are preventing direct image linking without a premium ($$$) account, so choose carefully.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sionics two stage end cap question

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I'll try to answer what I can.
Yes, AWC can supply you with a wipeless endcap. Just call them for a quote. If they won't, there are plenty of other SOT 7/02s here that will. Capt Link could probably help you.
Another option, clean out the dry-rot washers and replace them with fresh neoprene sheets. As you noted, the wipes are just glued in. So, simply glue the new neoprene sheets in. (Follow all appropriate Laws.)
You won't have the suppressor "rebuilt" as that would require a new Tax Stamp. The correct term is "re-cored."
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314