Help With SilencerCo ASR Build

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

reubadoob

Help With SilencerCo ASR Build

Post by reubadoob »

I've posted this on Reddit as well as Form 1 Suppressor Boards and I'm trying to get as much visablity as possible before I head down this path. Please bear with me:

I have a SilencerCO ASR Flash Hider 5.56: 1/2 (AC141) and would like to put a Form 1 on the end of it.

What are some of your recommend recipes/plans/suggestions?

This is how I picture it in my mind:

RIFLE-->ASR Flash Hider-->ASR Mount--> :?: --> Form 1

Please correct me if I have it wrong or there's another option.

From what I've gathered I could possible go a couple routes:

Route 1:

RIFLE-->ASR Flash Hider-->ASR Mount-->Muted Machine Works PLAN D 1.75--> SD Tactical Form 1

Route 2:

RIFLE-->ASR Flash Hider-->ASR Mount-->Diversified Machine ASR Adapter ---> Diversified Machine 1.625 & 1.750 OD tubes Form 1

Are either of those correct? Is there another option I should consider?

Thanks for all your help!
Alarka

Re: Help With SilencerCo ASR Build

Post by Alarka »

I have a 8” DM can 1.5” x 1.375” ID with ASR FH & Mount 30 cal. with the hat cones 5 Ti, 2 SS and pretty pleased so far about as loud to the ear as a 22 LR. I used a jig to cut the slot. With minimal POI shift. The next can I’ll probably do the angled cut on the hat as others have tried and compare the two with the same rifles....All my rifles/pistols have SiCo ASR QD mounts and brakes as I have quite a few hosts and the ASR is by far the least expensive way for me however, Dead air, area 419 and TBAC all have great mounts so do some research before you commit to one platform.
HPIguy

Re: Help With SilencerCo ASR Build

Post by HPIguy »

Alarka wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:44 am I have a 8” DM can 1.5” x 1.375” ID with ASR FH & Mount 30 cal. with the hat cones 5 Ti, 2 SS and pretty pleased so far about as loud to the ear as a 22 LR. I used a jig to cut the slot. With minimal POI shift. The next can I’ll probably do the angled cut on the hat as others have tried and compare the two with the same rifles....All my rifles/pistols have SiCo ASR QD mounts and brakes as I have quite a few hosts and the ASR is by far the least expensive way for me however, Dead air, area 419 and TBAC all have great mounts so do some research before you commit to one platform.
I'll vouch for that. I've shot Alarka's F1 can side by side with his F4 can and to the ear both sound the same with the F1 can having a slightly lower tone, which to the ear sounds better.