CGS Mod9 SK

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mioduz
Silent Operator

CGS Mod9 SK

Post by mioduz »

Looking for some first hand experiance with the CGS Mod 9 SK.

How does it sound compared to a typical full size can (specifically mounted on a sbr platform)

Ideally if you could compare and contrast it to a known quantity like a Octane 9 from silencerco, that would be ideal.

Seams like its a great deal but would like to know more as to what to expect in performance out of such a small and cheap 9mm can
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Re: CGS Mod9 SK

Post by TOOL1075 »

It is rather loud. I will release the review and test data on pewscience.com.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
SampleRx

Re: CGS Mod9 SK

Post by SampleRx »

Howdy!
I’ve shot both the Mod9 and Mod9SK as well as the Octane 9 2.0 side by side.
Mod9SK is definitely louder than the others, which is obvious, and just barely above hearing safe from a 5” barrel pistol with subsonic 147gr home loads. Outdoors (no overhead roof), the SK wasn’t painful to shoot but wasn’t comfortable like the full size cans. Didn’t use them on a fixed barrel blowback carbine that day, but it would likely give similar performance. I’d say it’s much more of a blast attenuation device with some sound suppression as opposed to a sound suppressor only.
Looks a little cooler than the others, for what that’s worth, but not gonna win any sound contests. The Mod9 full size is a fantastic can for the money tho; highly recommended.