pasport phot and prints

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Bert72

pasport phot and prints

Post by Bert72 »

looking at getting 1st silencer for my 22LR, 22WMR, 17 HRM rimfire rifles.. so ... buy from authorized dealer, plus pay $200 extra for Tax Stamp and submit BATF form 4, and then wait until you die of old age before you ever get ATF response.. .. ok, understood... BUT one obvious question nobody ever seems to ask (or answer) is pretty simple.. as part of the BATF form 4 submission.. all that yada yada (in fine print) about "passport" photo and fingerprints.. I have a totally legit Georgia Weapons Carry License, just renewed/issued 6-18-20, couple of months ago.. (I had same for many years, but let it lapse a few years ago after retirement, so just went thru the (process yet again).. so.. I have (AGAIN) been photographed and fingerprinted / digitized upside down and inside out and forward and backward and lawyerized and FBI-background-blessed every which way there is...as usual.. now.. IF I do proceed via dealer etc. etc. to buy a chunk of metal to screw onto a rimfire rifle (that cost me less than the screw on chunk of metal will).. am I really going have to get re-photographed (or "selfied") and re-fingerprinted.. AGAIN... ??? .. that sounds just plain nuts.. they obviously have me on file, exhaustive set of digitized fingerprints and all, same as required for the BATF form 4 stuff...... am I really really going to have to get fingerprint cards or scans to do what has ALREADY been done ??? .... it sounds mighty like the answer is YES (even though it makes no sense) .. but mostly, I cannot seem to get anybody to answer that simple question.. maybe because some sellers want to chain you to themselves only or whatever, heckifiknow, but they neither say, nor will they respond ... but in the meantime, I promise not to grow myself any new fingers, LOL .. any attempt at any answer of any sort will be respectfully appreciated .. thanks !
Bert72

Re: passport photo and prints

Post by Bert72 »

should have mentioned.. no, I really do not care about the whole topic of "Trusts".. will likely do "INDIVIDUAL" or "ONE SHOT".. or whatever the simplest option is with least amount of hassle and paperwork... (my totally uninformed guess is that all that fingerprinting and background check is the #1 thing that slows the process down so very badly, not that it much matters).. just looking to find out how many times I have to get fingerprinted before I get so old my fingers won't work anyway, LOL
r0cknr0ll@

Re: pasport phot and prints

Post by r0cknr0ll@ »

I am a former IDPA competitor and RSO. I held a Washington state CPL. I moved to Tennessee, which has standards and requirements for their CCL well beyond Washington...which is funny because Tennessee is a more gun friendly state...but I digress. Despite all my prior training and experience, I had to sit in on an 8 hour concealed carry class to get my CCL in Tennessee. All review. The instructor was great though. Super nice and heavily experienced in life. He put it best, "I was in the Marine Corps. I also worked for a private military contractor, did all kinds of things for the government in the Middle East and had a high security clearance. When I came to Tennessee, I had to take this same class. Had to do my fingerprints, get my picture taken, and pass a background check. Then I decided to get my Private Security License. And I had to do my fingerprints, get my picture taken, and pass a background check. Then I decided I wanted to get my Private Investigators License and I had to do my fingerprints, get my picture taken, and pass a background check. Then I wanted to be an instructor and I had to, you guessed it, do my fingerprints, get my picture taken, and pass a background check. Bottom line folks: The government wants their damn money."

J