Best .22 suppressor for under the handguard?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

stevo12072

Best .22 suppressor for under the handguard?

Post by stevo12072 »

Hi everyone,

So my question is for everyone that has multiple 22 suppressors. Do some of them fit together tighter than others?

I have an AAC Halcyon and i really like it. The problem is it has three points that come apart. It is also designed to come apart really easy by hand. So it has a horrible habit of coming apart under a handguard with a little heat in it.

I looked into the tri lug adapter for the halycon but it does not lock in(going through a long process with AAC/Remington to see if this is a manufacturing defect). So that is a wash for now. I also looked into quick detach handguards but they are all too long for the standard 5-6 inch 22 can.

Does anyone have a .22 can that seems to fit together tighter than others? Or better yet a silencer that has a fixed threaded end.
Any suggestions would be great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16X0MwE ... sp=sharing
jimbo45
Silent Operator

Re: Best .22 suppressor for under the handguard?

Post by jimbo45 »

I have a switchback, prodigy and sparrow that have never come loose on me. I don't run them under a handguard but that shouldn't change anything.
noname

Post by noname »

I have a SWR Warlock that comes apart. Doesn't weigh as much as a minute. Don't buy one. It is all aluminum. Next to impossible to clean. Takes a dental pick and wire brush, and a lot of time. I have it currently on my Walther P22. I have thought about leaving it on until it carbons up solid, then trashing it. Probably won't but tempted. I can put it in my Thumbler with SS pins, Dawn, a pinch of Lemi-Shine, leaving it all day, and works a little but dents up the suppressor too.

I am not into getting poisoned with the "dip".
stevo12072

Post by stevo12072 »

I went sort of left field and just ordered a Griffen Optimus. I figured i could use the muzzle attachments with the taper lock. The AR style 22's will look better i think with a larger OD can and plus i was intrigued with the idea of shooting 300 blkout or even a 308 through it when i'm done to maybe help with the clean up. Plus this gives me the longer option to even put a QD handguard on which makes the whole issue a mute point.

My next dedicated .22 suppressor will probably be a form 1 do it yourself. Some people over at rimfire central responded with that option. Some of them are reverse threaded so no issues getting the end caps off a muzzle. Plus i like the idea of being able to buy a ton of cheap baffles and replace them as needed without going though the silencer company.