Thundertrap question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Rusty_Shackleford

Thundertrap question

Post by Rusty_Shackleford »

I know the best source of information should be the manufacturer, but having sent them 4 unanswered emails to 4 different departments, and leaving 2 voice messages that have gone unanswered, I'm assuming they just don't do customer service. However, as this is by far my favorite suppressor, well, you get the idea.
So what I have is an 8" .30 cal Thundertrap. It's an older model, but has seen very little actual use on my Remington .308. It is virtually silent on the .308 and I do just love the thing. My question is, is it rated for use on a 300 Remington Ultramag? I am 95% certain I asked the manufacturer this way back when when I bought it and they said yes, anything up to .300RUM, but I can't find the document I got from them, so I'm not 100% positive I didn't dream (or wish it) to be so. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.