Silencerco Omega 9K Question

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Radform

Silencerco Omega 9K Question

Post by Radform »

I've owned a .22 suppressor for a while, but just recently obtained my first centerfire suppressor - a Silencerco Omega 9K. I purchased it primarily for use on my CZ Scorpion Evo, but I intended to use it on my Glock 19 and on my BCM AR-15 300 Blackout upper as well. Swapping between the Glock and the Scorpion is easy enough - just a matter of using the spring or fixed barrel spacer since both the Glock and the Scorpion are threaded 1/2x28.

I'm trying to decide what the best method to mount the Omega on the BCM upper is. The Omega came with the necessary 5/8x24 direct thread mount to mount to the BCM, but since I won't always use the 300 with the suppressor attached I'm not sure about the best way to set up the 300 Blackout upper to readily accept the can. I don't want to constantly have to use a wrench to remove and replace the existing flash suppressor.

Short of buying another suppressor for the 300 Blackout upper (which I may do sometime, but not right now), how would you set up the AR to accept the 9K without making it a major effort? Appreciate any input.