Rugged Suppressors - accessory availability

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BLUMEBEES

Rugged Suppressors - accessory availability

Post by BLUMEBEES »

Long time reader, first time posting

I have recently acquired (February 2020 stamp approvals) 3 Rugged suppressors

Rugged Surge 762
Rugged Obsidian 9
Rugged Oculus

I apologize ahead if this has been discussed elsewhere, but i could not find any topics similar.

I really enjoy the performance and quality of these suppressors. I have found it difficult to source the accessories for these cans. 3-lug muzzle devices have been out of stock and multiple retailors for months. rugged taper mount devices for surge are also out of stock regularly.

Does anyone have any behind the scenes information that would explain why these items are unavailable.

I understand that Covid-19 has been a factor with alot of companies, but I began searching for these particular items while my stamps were in jail. This was before the pandemic occurred.

Any information that anyone has is appreciated. Thank you
mbogo300

Re: Rugged Suppressors - accessory availability

Post by mbogo300 »

Call Rugged and ask them directly.
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
BLUMEBEES

Post by BLUMEBEES »

mbogo300 - Thank you for your response. That is something that I have considered. My thought process was that maybe someone had already called and I would get an answer without having to call the company and ask "why don't you make your products faster". The last thing I want to do is slow down production process with customer questions.

Part of my curiosity stems also from my worry that Rugged might not be producing product anymore? The opposite could be possible, if they are so busy with government contracts or new ventures that they cannot support the commercial market as well as i'd wish. If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
mbogo300

Post by mbogo300 »

well, what did they say when you called?
12 stamps and looking for one to put in jail. . :mrgreen:
BLUMEBEES

Post by BLUMEBEES »

For those who are interested, I called Rugged suppressors and their customer service was very straight forward and helpful.

Similar to most companies in the aerospace and defense markets, specialty materials are proving hard to source.

Rugged is prioritizing machining suppressors for their distributors to fill their backorders.

They assured me when orders caught up with suppressors that they will be doing some larger runs of accessories to support the market.