CGS Mod9 fixed barrel spacer cheat?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

emt1581

CGS Mod9 fixed barrel spacer cheat?

Post by emt1581 »

Recently pulled the trigger on a CGS Mod9. CGS wants $55 shipped for the fixed barrel spacer but I've seen others talk about using a piece of copper pipe to do the same thing for a buck or two.

Here is a vid of a guy doing it but for other cans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsy5DSTbxo&t=113s

Anyone know what size the CGS Mod9 would need or what other things at Lowes/HD would work well so I don't get a baffle strike or destroy my can? While $55 isn't much considering the $800+ cost of the <$400 can because tyranny.... I'd rather have something that's less expensive if it'll work just as well.

Thanks!
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Re: CGS Mod9 fixed barrel spacer cheat?

Post by quiettime »

Eh, this probably falls under the category of things that people do and they "worked fine for me" but that's because they shoot it 10 times and post about it.

Copper is soft. Over time it will be eroded by hot gasses (CGS pistons are ported for additional sound reduction) and probably the ends will get peened.

You will have plenty of time to get a proper spacer while you wait for your stamp.
emt1581

Post by emt1581 »

In other words....just order the $55 spacer from CGS?

Thanks
quiettime
Silent But Deadly

Post by quiettime »

Cheap peace of mind. Plus you're supporting the company who is one of the best innovators in the industry right now.