AAC Phantom 4 pistol/smg

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

plooker

AAC Phantom 4 pistol/smg

Post by plooker »

I'd like to use it on M11/9 and 92fs. Will the stainless blast baffle add too much weight for pistol? Durability in full-auto? I'm more concerned with not needing hearing protection than being extra quiet. Right now I have the stainless 1/2 x 32 tpi barrel with the flat milled underneath on my pistol. I plan on getting M/11 barrel threaded to match. Any advice is appreciated including suggestions on other pistol/smg suppressors I could use. Thanks.
SilentMike
Silent But Deadly

Post by SilentMike »

Plooker,

I would caution against using the Phantom on a MAC or any other subgun that has such a high cyclic rate. The greatest danger lies in the silencer unscrewing during use which can lead to projectiles striking the internal components of the silencer and damaging them. I know the Phantom would hold up; during the development of the Phantom, I personally ran over 300 rounds through a Mini-Uzi with a Phantom as fast as I could change out magazines. This was done to test the hi-temp adhesive used to bond the end caps and internal components to the outer tube. The silencer was so hot after four magazines of continuous fire, the aesbestos M60 barrel glove I was using to keep the silencer tight during the test would smoke when it touched the silencer. The silencer held up fine despite the abuse.

We have a number of clients who use Phantoms on full sized Uzi's, Colt 635 SMG's, and other slower firing weapons than the Mac. I'm afraid the vibrations from a Mac would lead to inadvertant unscrewing and damage to the silencer, host weapon, and possible injury to the shooter or those nearby.

Mike Smith
Advanced Armament Corp.
www.advanced-armament.com