TacSol - The good, bad and ugly?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Lightsped

TacSol - The good, bad and ugly?

Post by Lightsped »

What is the verdict with Tactical Solutions out of Idaho? Is this a quality manufactuer? I don't see much about this company in various reviews, comparisons, or general conversation. I am considering a Cascade suppressor.

Thanks for any info.
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Bookhound is in your area. You should talk to him and see about meeting up to do some comparative listening of various cans.

I have a Titanium Cascade in the paperwork process now and I'm really looking forward to it. I think it fits a sweet spot between sealed aluminum cans and heavy stainless steel ones.
Conqueror
Elite Member

Post by Conqueror »

While I've not shot their cans, I have handled them, and the workmanship is good. All their other products are of top-notch quality (Paclite, 10/22 barrels, Buckmark barrels, 1911 conversions, etc).
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

I have been very happy with my Tac Sol Cascade Ti can. I and think Bookhound has been pleased with their 1911 uppers. I also have one of their 10/22 barrels and it is nice though I haven't really shot it for groups yet. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products in the future.