Any problem with 22 shorts

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

pokey
Silent But Deadly

Any problem with 22 shorts

Post by pokey »

I have a AAC Pilot on the way. My first can. I know there is a problem with firing the heavy 22's like the Sniper, but was wondering if anyone knows of a problem with baffle strikes firing CB's or Calibri's.
WiseOne
Silent Operator

Post by WiseOne »

i don't think you will have a problems with short's, the problem with the sss stuff is it is way to heavy and most 22's are not rifled at the correct twist to make it stable. only issue i can see with shorts is for 1 it for sure will not cycle it, 2nd the distance is cut down a good bit.

try some cb long's i think they have some standard velocity in the Long version
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any problem with 22 shorts

Post by Hush »

pokey wrote:I have a AAC Pilot on the way. My first can. I know there is a problem with firing the heavy 22's like the Sniper, but was wondering if anyone knows of a problem with baffle strikes firing CB's or Calibri's.
I don't have any problems with CB's or Calibri's or superCalibri or shorts but I would hesitate using the SSS they will wobble and might strike a baffle, plus they stink when fired, weird powder in them.
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Alot of ammo has that weird smell. It is from the Eley priming mixture. I think it smells great.