So I thought Surefire wasn't selling suppressors to civies..

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mrrogers1
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrrogers1 »

please do tell :roll:
Carolina Curly
Silent Operator

Post by Carolina Curly »

Well I live in South Carolina, and we don't have a law against shootin Texans!

Remember what Gus said in "Lonesome Dove!" "Texans!" "Lowest form of white man!"

On a serious note! The law applies where the crime takes place. If I murder a Texan in South Carolina, I will be tried in South Carolina! Texas has no jurisdiction in South Carolina! And I would not be extradited to Texas!
Proud Father of a US Marine!
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

OK, talked with a Surefire Rep and asked for details and this is what I was told:
"The companies Lawyers sent a large letter to the State Government that said basically 'Surefire is a company that sells it's products in every State in the United States. This is called 'Interstate Commerce'. The US Government looks very hard on States that restrict a companies ability to conduct Interstate Commerce. You're restrictions are in violation of Federal law and are effecting our ability to conduct free trade. If you continue to restrict our ability to conduct legal free trade we will be forced to report you to the Federal Trade Commission (or some organization like that)

See Federal Regulations and Case Law, to wit . . . yadda yadda"
They received a single page letter back saying basically "So who's stopping ya? Go right ahead"
mrrogers1
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrrogers1 »

Quiet Time wrote:OK, talked with a Surefire Rep and asked for details and this is what I was told:
"The companies Lawyers sent a large letter to the State Government that said basically 'Surefire is a company that sells it's products in every State in the United States. This is called 'Interstate Commerce'. The US Government looks very hard on States that restrict a companies ability to conduct Interstate Commerce. You're restrictions are in violation of Federal law and are effecting our ability to conduct free trade. If you continue to restrict our ability to conduct legal free trade we will be forced to report you to the Federal Trade Commission (or some organization like that)

See Federal Regulations and Case Law, to wit . . . yadda yadda"
They received a single page letter back saying basically "So who's stopping ya? Go right ahead"
I sure hope it was a "go right ahead and sell interstate", and not a "go right ahead and turn us in" :D

This is good news and it explains the goings on with Ops and now SF. Thanks
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

As long as we're talking about it, I should add a photo :D

Yes, I'm wearing Muffs, there were un-suppressed rifles on either side of us during this session.
Wally
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wally »

Now that you have the M4-2000 and have shoot the surefire suppressor, can you give an idea about sound levels, weight, quality, etc.???

Thanks and congrats,

Wally
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I shot the Surefire again last week and took delievery of the M4-2000 exactly a week later. I hesitate to make judgement compairisons not having them to shoot side by side.

They both take the sound down to a point that you can comfortably make shots without hearing protection.

I will say that I like the AAC QD attachement better then the Surefire. A couple of quick twists and your good to go with the M4-2000. The Surefire is similar, but the secondary lock on the Surefire is a bit more complicated.

Let's put it this way, the Surefire works very well, but I do not feel cheated at all that Surefire's offering is available now that my M4-2000 came in. :D

On a similar note, I called a buddy of mine with a KAC QD and we are looking to go to the range to shoot those two side by side. Given a chance now, I will try it side by side with a Surefire too.