Suppressed 9 mm AR15 upper need imput

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

winston

Suppressed 9 mm AR15 upper need imput

Post by winston »

I am wonting to build my own suppressed 9mm upper for my AR. Plans to this point- cut barrel off weld suppresser tube to barrel, total lgt 16 1/14 when done. This way I only have to do 1 form 1

I am looking for any imput, photos, how to cut down on bolt noise, ID of yhm free floating handgaurds ect,

Really at this point I need any info that you guys can give

Thanks
toovira1

Post by toovira1 »

Have you considered AAC Spec-919/916? They already have done all that you want to do on RRA flat top upper plus KAC rail for $1100.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I had to ramp my bolt to get rid of trigger slap. Once I did that, it was a dream. Mine is an SWR QD3K 3-lug can inside a KAC rail and a RRA upper. I have a TROS 3-lug 5 inch barrel. Doing the entire package from AAC would be a good idea. I don't know what to suggest about the 16 inch thing. Mine is full auto. Welding a can on has issues as far as rust and stuff as water forms inside cans when you shoot them.
usagold
Silent But Deadly

Post by usagold »

I have the 9mm upper allready on my RR M-16 right know. This is just another way to add another rifle to my collection with out my wife finding out. So my plains are to somehow attach the can and barrel togeather to be able to but it on both my semi and full auto lowers. This way I dont have to registor the semi Lower as a SBR.

Plans are to cut down the barrel to somewhere around 10 inch, slide a tube over the barrel. The tude will run from the receiver and past the end of the barrel to make up the 16 inchs. Inside the tube is where I will place the baffles. Also the tube will be left open from the end of the barrel back to the receiver, this I was going to use for a chamber for the gas. I also have a couple other ideas that goes along with the project.

I am a do it yourself kind of guy, I dont wont to buy one of the self.

Things I have found shooting other 9mms with a silencer
-Bolt noise is bad. Does anyone know how to cut down bolt noise on a 9mm AR?
-Lots of junk ends up in receiver, anyone know how to cut down on this?
-I need to know the ID of a set of YHM free floating handgaurds so I can try finging a tube that will slide in to them.

My 9mm set up
Old SP1 upper
ASA mag block
25 and 32 round uzi mags
ASA bolt
ASA barrel
ramped bolt
subgun buffer

Upper runs 100%

Looking for any help I can get, I own no silencers have only shot with them a couple times.
Title II Firearms
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Title II Firearms »

I use the YHM tubes. The YHM stuff is high quality for the money.
ID is 1.74"

[url]http://www.title2.com[/url]
[url]http://www.swrmfg.com[/url]
usagold
Silent But Deadly

Post by usagold »

Thanks, that was a big help

I was hoping it was going to have a bigger ID, is there any free floating handgaurds out there with a larger ID.
mrrogers1
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressed 9 mm AR15 upper need imput

Post by mrrogers1 »

winston wrote:I am wonting to build my own suppressed 9mm upper for my AR. Plans to this point- cut barrel off weld suppresser tube to barrel, total lgt 16 1/14 when done. This way I only have to do 1 form 1

I am looking for any imput, photos, how to cut down on bolt noise, ID of yhm free floating handgaurds ect,

Really at this point I need any info that you guys can give

Thanks
I would suggest just SBR'ing your lower and doing a LRM M169 setup. For $1275 (I think) you get the upper, bolt, magazine block, charging handle, and AAC rater reducer buffer and spring. Not to mention a sweet shooting, quiet upper to boot.:D I actually have one sitting at my dealers right now waiting for my form 4 to clear.

By SBR'ing your lower, you will open up so many more possibilities with you AR. I have already started to lay out the plans for a 10.5 shorty for my newly SBR'd lower. I have a Noveske 10.5 CQB and Krinkov Brake on the way. 8)

If you are dead set against the SBR idea, I believe Lee (the L in LRM) is working on a fixed 16inch version of the M169 so you could always just purchase that.

Good luck on what ever you choose, no matter what, you'll end up buying/building more. It's the BRD setting in :twisted: