Powder Springs MAC Silencer cleaning and maint.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

garry

Powder Springs MAC Silencer cleaning and maint.

Post by garry »

I just picked up my MAC can and would like to know the best way to clean it, and how often? Also if someone has a picture of it disassmbled, is
there anyplace where you can get a manual for it. Thanks
Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

If your can is a two stage MAC can, here is a link to a picture of mine partially disassembled.

http://www.silencertests.com/silencer-f ... ight=#1430

I do not clean mine (as you can see from the picture) hardly ever. I do,. however, replace the wipes in the endcap when they get rounded.
Dave
garry

Post by garry »

Thanks Racer, My is a two stage. It looks somewhat like yours, but my has grease in the end of it. Also did mac make them or did somelse make them for mac? I tried to paste a picture of my on this thread but it was a no go. Thanks again
Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

Military Armament Corp (MAC) is the manufacturer engraved on mine, but others have made these cans. The actual manufacturer should have their name on the can near the serial number.

I have never heard of a can that had grease in the endcap. It would be interesting to see a picture. Usually when grease is used as a coolant, it is placed in the expansion chamber. This really does not apply to a MAC two stage can as I would never put grease in it.
Dave
garry

Post by garry »

Racer , Here is my e-mail address: [email protected], If you like e-mail your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you a picutre of the can. Thanks Garry
Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Racer »

Email sent.
Dave