5.5 inch 22/45 velocity

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bkkd
Silent But Deadly

5.5 inch 22/45 velocity

Post by bkkd »

should i be worried about having a 5.5 inch barrel to shoot walmart bulk ammo with my suppressor, what i am asking is that will the standard hv bulk ammo pretty much stay subsonic in that barrel length? or do i need to consider cutting the length back some.........thanks all.
losing nemo
Silent But Deadly

Post by losing nemo »

Good news . I recently had my Ruger MkII threaded for my AAC Pilot and was pleased to find that with my 5 1/2" barrel every brand of "high Velocity" stuff that I have tried so far stays subsonic. This is great because with my rifle and 20" barrel I have to spring for the subsonic stuff to stay quiet. I get best results with the Federal bulk stuff as far as accuracy and reliability and its only $9 for 550 rounds. This has become my new favorite gun to shoot.
bkkd
Silent But Deadly

Post by bkkd »

+1 on the federal bulk wally ammo , thats whats its sighted in for now................
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

bkkd wrote:+1 on the federal bulk wally ammo , thats whats its sighted in for now................
My p22 setup is slightly quieter with CCI Subsonic ammo, but not enough to make me care.

Now I have a SoundTech 22/45 FatBoy and it doesn't matter what I feed it, it makes almost no sound.
Quietly-Effectively
Silent But Deadly

Post by Quietly-Effectively »

mpallett wrote:
bkkd wrote:+1 on the federal bulk wally ammo , thats whats its sighted in for now................
Now I have a SoundTech 22/45 FatBoy and it doesn't matter what I feed it, it makes almost no sound.
What does the 'FatBoy' look like ? I've never seen one of these.
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Mine is a bit different, as mine is a muzzle can.

I just spoke with Mark at SoundTech and I'll have a picture up in a few days.

More to come ...

- Matthew