atf cashed my check...............now what.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

bkkd
Silent But Deadly

atf cashed my check...............now what.

Post by bkkd »

how long is the official wait after check cashing..............
Wally
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wally »

The wait is about four and a half months from when you mail the paperwork. ATF cashed my check within a week of mailing my paperwork.

Hope that helps,
Wally
fq1234
Silent But Deadly

Post by fq1234 »

I've gone 5 weeks before from the check being cashed to pending. It is typically 90-120 days from pending to approved and then some more time for the form to actually get mailed to you.

Also, I've heard that they are actually moving the office from DC to WV right now, this may or may not cause a delay.
hoosierdaddy
Silent Operator

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Wait....................and wait...................and wait.............

I've been pending for 80 days and don't expect to see anything until August sometime.

The best cure for the wait is to go out and buy something else every 6 or 8 weeks. then you always have a new toy just around the corner.
NRA Life Member
bkkd
Silent But Deadly

Post by bkkd »

ya been thinking about buying a p22 to play with while i wait for lakeside machien to thread my 22/45.............
mr45auto
Silent But Deadly

Post by mr45auto »

My first was mailed on 2/28 and I had posession of the can on 6/9 I have 2 more in process with one pending May 26? Maybe I'll see it by the end of August.

I just bought a P22, it seems quieter than my threaded 22/45 does. I think it's the clack of the steel bolt on the ruger that makes it seem louder.