Has anyone tried one of the CCF rifle suppressors, yet?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Has anyone tried one of the CCF rifle suppressors, yet?

Post by Kevin/AAC »

I had a local guy tell me that he had received one in trade, but I have not seen or shot it yet. I am hoping to hook up with him within the next few weeks.

Robert, this should be included in your 5.56mm test.
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

CCF is now making rifle suppressors? I haven't heard yet.

Either way, no way I'm touching anything CCF because of the way Larry has come off on almost every forum he's been on. That and the fact that he uses deceptive marketing to sell a bogus and overpriced suppressor 'coolant'.

JMHO
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

Well, apparently he is finally selling his "SR-71" rifle suppressor. He has advertised it for two or three years in Guns & Weapons. I believe that he has mentioned in the past that they are 100% Inconel and one suppressor will work for 5.56mm or 7.62mm. They are supposed to be full-auto rated. I look forward to trying one.

He "coolant" seems to get mixed reviews. We have tested it in a couple of calibers.
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Kevin,

So what are YOUR findings/opinions about the coolant?
Kevin/AAC

Post by Kevin/AAC »

The bottle that we received seemed very similar to liquid KY-Jelly. I believe we tried it in both 9mm and .45, in CCF and AAC silencers. The results were about the same for both makes. The "coolant" smoked very badly, had a very foul odor, and didn't last as long as water, nor was it as quiet. I noticed a sound increase with every shot, seemed almost dry after 8-10 shots.

We have all aluminum demo silencers with thousands of rounds through them, using water as a coolant, without damage or loss of sound suppression. Water is virually free, it's not messy, there's no odor, it doesn't smoke, it lasts longer than anything currently available, and it's what the military wants to use.

We are trying to spend money, time, and effort making sileners work their best dry, rather than spending a lot of effort on developing coolant. We have achieved this in 9mm and .40, .45 is a real bitch. We are extremely proud of our new Evolution series of pistol silencers, and we feel that they are truly some of the best pistol silencers in the world. I am especially pround of the .45, but it still requires coolant like everyone elses. The route we took was to have the baffle stack hold water as long as possible. The result is that only a bottle cap full of water introduced into the rear of the silencer will yield over -30dB for about 30 shots.

We have been working with several firearms manufacturers on the new SOCOM pistol and silencer replacement. They are unwilling to accept anything that uses grease. This has led to many improvements and innovations that are benefiting our customers on the civilian market. One manufacturer has fired 5,000 rounds without a malfunction or problem of any kind.
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Kevin,

WOW, thank you for the illuminating and quite HONEST report!

Of particular interest is your mention of a new SOCOM pistol...I'll be certain to keep my eyes peeled! :shock: