67 db reduction. That incredible!

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wilder
Elite Member

67 db reduction. That incredible!

Post by Wilder »

http://www.shootersdepot.com/ariesperformance.html

I saw this at the shot show. I want someone to tell me where I can get weed this good. :roll:
Alee Hillbilly
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

They also claim:
CARBON FIBER

80 times stronger than steel

40 times stronger than titanium
That is not true.

http://www.geocities.com/vpkelly.geo/

It is 2.7 times stronger than steel if you trust that other source. If you go by strength-weight ratio (specific strength) then it is 11.7 times stronger than steel as per that source.
Steve S
Elite Member

Post by Steve S »

Interesting video. What I don't/can't understand is that if he's shooting standard 308 ammo, why is there no supersonic crack? With an unported barrel and normal velocity ammo, I find it hard to believe that the bullet is slowed down to subsonic velocity.....
Steve
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

Steve S wrote:Interesting video. What I don't/can't understand is that if he's shooting standard 308 ammo, why is there no supersonic crack? With an unported barrel and normal velocity ammo, I find it hard to believe that the bullet is slowed down to subsonic velocity.....
Steve
The claim was it was full speed, 308 with the sound of a pellet rifle. I listened to this guy and thought, "how many people have you done a con job on at this shot show". The other thing that went trough my mind was, these people should no better.

I was really suprised watching how many people who are suposed to be in "the know" were actually eating this up. The only statement that this man said was that the carbon would reduce mirage effect after several shots.

This just amazed me.
Alee Hillbilly
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The gun show crowd might believe it. Not so much at the Shot Show.
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

I think theres a thread about that guy around here somewhere. From what I remember , STFA from him.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Seems like a pretty good idea to me. The tube that covers the whole barrel anyway.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

gunn24 wrote:I think theres a thread about that guy around here somewhere. From what I remember , STFA from him.
Yeah, REMEMBER ALL THOSE THREADS ABOUT A LONG CARBON FIBER TUBE WITH NO BAFFLES AND CLOAKED THE HEAT SIGNATURE?
evo45
Elite Member

Post by evo45 »

It is an interesting design but from the prices they were handing out at the shot show I'd take a muzzle can any day.
evo45
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

viewtopic.php?t=1795&highlight=koumbis

About the 5th post down Stu. I was referring to the owner of the company, not his product.
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

rsilvers wrote:The gun show crowd might believe it. Not so much at the Shot Show.
This was at the Shot Show! This was what made it so hard to believe.
Alee Hillbilly
Ron of Va
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ron of Va »

I want to believe...
I want to believe...
I hope it's true...
I hope it's true...

(It is the full power loads claim, I am having trouble with.)
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Wilder wrote:
Steve S wrote:Interesting video. What I don't/can't understand is that if he's shooting standard 308 ammo, why is there no supersonic crack? With an unported barrel and normal velocity ammo, I find it hard to believe that the bullet is slowed down to subsonic velocity.....
Steve
The claim was it was full speed, 308 with the sound of a pellet rifle. I listened to this guy and thought, "how many people have you done a con job on at this shot show". The other thing that went trough my mind was, these people should no better.

I was really suprised watching how many people who are suposed to be in "the know" were actually eating this up. The only statement that this man said was that the carbon would reduce mirage effect after several shots.

This just amazed me.
At SHOT he told me it was subsonic.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Deleted**************************
Last edited by CanNotHear on Sat May 23, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdmillig
The Slippery One

Post by cdmillig »

There's no audible sonic crack when he shoots the first round unsuppressed.

He's got to be using subsonics. If true, it really doesn't sound any better than anything else I've heard (over video).
Be kind to others and stay ready
gunn24
Silent But Deadly

Post by gunn24 »

cdmillig wrote:There's no audible sonic crack when he shoots the first round unsuppressed.

He's got to be using subsonics. If true, it really doesn't sound any better than anything else I've heard (over video).

Did you notice when he shot the AR a case did,nt come flying out.
amishbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by amishbill »

It just looks like a longer Reflex style can turned into a cleanable integral. Oh, yeah - with a custom barrel required.
TypeR632
Silent But Deadly

Post by TypeR632 »

So, the tube kinda acts as a blast chamber????
SC-Texas
Silent But Deadly

Post by SC-Texas »

YEs.

He was kind enough to spend some time with me and Doubting Thomas at SHOT show.

The system is set up to let the tude act as an expansion chamber.
http://www.TexasGunTrust.com

http://www.Houstonattorney.org

http://www.Atomiclabrat.com

Family and Criminal Law services in Houston, TX
hoss
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoss »

Since he is about 2.5 hours from me, I thought I might pay him a visit -- if I have a slow week.

If I do, I will make sure to share.
Hoss
Wilder
Elite Member

Post by Wilder »

mpallett wrote:
Wilder wrote:
Steve

This just amazed me.
At SHOT he told me it was subsonic.
He must have saw the SWR shirt. I told him I owned several silencers and he stuck to his story, but he did have a dup at the counter.
Alee Hillbilly
losing nemo
Silent But Deadly

Post by losing nemo »

Here in south Texas he's know as George "the Greek". He is the biggest con man in the game. BELIEVE IT. I have been in his shop a few times in Corpus killing time, and always left astonished. I remember seeing old used Coastal cans for sale in his shop for $600, and he would claim to be the mfg. People do eat his s--t up though. Every now and then I run in to some one who purchased a can from him, and its always the same story( waiting for transfer). Even over year long periods. He is a douche rocket!
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Wilder wrote: He must have saw the SWR shirt. I told him I owned several silencers and he stuck to his story, but he did have a dup at the counter.
Yea he did see the shirt. He stared at it. Then asked us for cards / contact info. He really didn't know who we were.

All the guns there, were customer's guns.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

mpallett wrote:
Wilder wrote: He must have saw the SWR shirt. I told him I owned several silencers and he stuck to his story, but he did have a dup at the counter.
Yea he did see the shirt. He stared at it. Then asked us for cards / contact info. He really didn't know who we were.

All the guns there, were customer's guns.
Now THAT's Service!

"I will display your firearms in Commercial Shows while you wait for me to get them back to you, I will get them back to you in a timely fashion. I.E., when I have other customer's guns that I'm more interested in showing."
killerofall
Silent But Deadly

Post by killerofall »

His claims may be BS however I think that this is a fantastic idea it basicly just adds alot of volume to the silencer. I wonder if they could get away with selling diferent tubes for different guns and then only buy one silencer (probably not but would be cool if they could). Are those just M baffels?
Go big or go home.