RESOLVED ****EFK FIREDRAGON Barrels

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

RESOLVED ****EFK FIREDRAGON Barrels

Post by dcmdon »

For some reason I figured I'd give one last try.
********I FINALLY got in touch with them.

This has been an unfortunate set of occurances.
The gentleman I spoke with was VERY VERY appologetic. It seems they get their email and phone from COX and both have been down for several days. Their incoming phone calls have been sporatically routed to someone's home for the last couple of weeks. Crazy. They said that this screwup combined with the fact that they are CRUSHED with activity pushed them to the point where everything collapsed. OK. I can buy that.

So any way, I spoke with Frakie (a woman) and she was very helpful. I am going to do my best to remove any traces of this thread. She again apologized profusely.

I did get the sense that they are truly nice people who just had a perfect storm of screw ups. Some caused by them, and some caused by outside factors.

Don

p.s. if you see any traces of my "tale of woe" please let me know, as I'm trying to remove all of them this evening.
Last edited by dcmdon on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

What happens when you call them?
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

glad it was cleared up
Last edited by jt526 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

When I call, I get an answering machine and nobody returns my call.

JT - I saw the 30-90 days before pestering message. But keep in mind, I dont even know if my order went in. I'm not calling to say "where is it". I'm calling to see if my order is even in. For that, I'm not going to wait a month.

And you know what, Its TERRIBLE business practice to just ignore a customer for a MONTH. So its revenge time. I've posted a similar message to ARF, HKPro, M4carbine, and Northeast shooters.

I'm happy to wait. Just acknowledge my question.

Don
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Revenge seems inappropriate because you haven't suffered a loss. Maybe some time with phone calls, but should only cause them to lose your business, not "revenge."
SwampGator
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampGator »

dcmdon wrote: And you know what, Its TERRIBLE business practice to just ignore a customer for a MONTH. So its revenge time. I've posted a similar message to ARF, HKPro, M4carbine, and Northeast shooters.

I'm happy to wait. Just acknowledge my question.

Don
Maybe your order did not go through and you are not a customer. Have you checked your credit card bill?

The whole "revenge" thing before you even know you have been ripped off makes you sound a little radical.
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

Perhaps revenge is the wrong word.

1) I dont want others to get strung along like I have been
2) I have been "wronged". I've been waiting a month for a reply. Its common human decency. Tell me to go to hell, but dont ignore multiple requests via email, phone and fax.
3) I really believe that the big O will be banning threaded barrels. I've got a 9mm silencer waiting on a form 4, and I'd like to line up the bbl.
SwampGator
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampGator »

I hope you are able to get ahold of a barrel. There are other companies out there, many with proven track records.

Best of luck to you.
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." - Sophocles
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Your thread title on ARF.com is stupid. They haven't done anything 'unethical.'
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

Sure they have. They may have my credit card number should let me know if they do or do not have an order. Their lack of communication makes it difficult for me to take my business elsewhere. If they process an order eventually I've got 2 bbls and then have the hassle of shipping one back and arguing with them about the cost of the return shipping, then a disputed CC charge for the cost of return shipping. Its a major pain in the ass.

This could all be avoided with a 30 second email. "got it". "didnt get it, resend"
Last edited by dcmdon on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

glad it was cleared up
Last edited by jt526 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

dcmdon wrote:Sure they have. They may have my credit card number should let me know if they do or do not have an order. Their lack of communication makes it difficult for me to take my business elsewhere. If they process an order eventually I've got 2 bbls and then have the hassle of shipping one back and arguing with them about the cost of the return shipping, then a disputed CC charge for the cost of return shipping. Its a major pain in the ass.

This could all be avoided with a 30 second email. "got it". "didnt get it, resend"
You're complaining about things that haven't happened, and may never happen though.
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

You just dont get it. Lets just agree to disagree.

I have placed an order, but I'm not sure it was actually placed. I simply need to know if it was actually placed. After that I would be happy to wait.

By not knowing, I am unable to place another order with either them or any other company. If the order was not received and I wait, well then I wont know for 2 months. If the order was received and I order another somewhere else, then I end up with 2 bbls and associated return expense hassles.

I'm complaining about something that DID happen. I've tried to communicate with them via email, phone and fax, and they have not gotten back to me in a month. That is exactly what I'm complaining about. And that has definitely happened. That is reason enough to advise others not to do business with this company.

Don
p.s. if you knew me, you'd know I'm not some self centered hothead. I fully understand that everybody in this business is overwhelmed.

Thats why I kept at it for over a month before finally venting on this forum.
hs338lapua
Silent But Deadly

Re: AVOID EFK FIREDRAGON Barrels- TERRIBLE COMPANY

Post by hs338lapua »

dcmdon wrote: My browser crashed right as I was waiting for the purchase confirmation to come up.
$.47 says that they don't have your order. I personally despise people that do this sort of thing. Your browser crashed and because a company is too busy to respond, you post on every forum that they are a terrible company.

Give it a couple weeks. If your SO rushed to get a barrel, order a different one and when, if ever, EFK calls for payment tell them you don't want it anymore.

Simple!
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

Dont have time? You're kidding. its been a month I've been waiting for a simple reply.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I agree that them not calling you is irritating, I probably wouldn't do business with them again either. I'm just saying you are over reacting with all your posts on all the boards and the word "unethical" is too strong for the situation.

If it makes you feel better, I was never sure about EFK myself, but now I will probably not even bother with them.
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

dcmdon wrote: By not knowing, I am unable to place another order with either them or any other company. If the order was not received and I wait, well then I wont know for 2 months. If the order was received and I order another somewhere else, then I end up with 2 bbls and associated return expense hassles.
Call your credit card company you submitted to EFK. Put a hold/stop on any payments requested by EFK.
Call/Email EFK and inform them you have done this. Order from another company.
Less whining, no risk, and faster results.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
im-ur-daisy
Silent But Deadly

Post by im-ur-daisy »

dcmdon:

Bad approach guy. EFK Firedragon makes a great product and is owned by a super dude. Like many older Americans, the owner is not as computer literate as younger folks are. Rest assured that he didn't rip you off nor does he need to rip you off.
Why don't you pick up the phone and call him.

Regards,

IUD
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

He's been trying to call for a month now.
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

IM ur daisy,

I realize this thread is pretty tedious. So I dont blame you for not reading from the beginning.

I stated in my first post that have called him at least a dozen times and left messages over the last month. I have also faxed him at least twice as well as emailing him several times.

If you know him, please ask him to reply to any of my voicemails.

I am not one to try to solve my problems in a public forum. Like I said above, I've tried to get in touch with them via all known means of communication. Fax, phone, email. No response in over a month.

With that said, I'm also not going to be one of those people who are afraid to name names. I've given up. So I'm naming names so others wont find themselves in the same boat.

If you personally know him to be a decent guy then this is really confusing. Maybe there has been a family tragedy. In which case I will GLADLY back off and apologize. But just being busy is no excuse.

Don
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I hope everybody that read the title of the thread read your first post and erased the title from their memory.
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

RESOLVED. See original post for the happy ending.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

So did they have your order or not?
dcmdon
Silent But Deadly

Post by dcmdon »

No. But again, that was NOT THE POINT.

The point was that it was a month and no response to multiple emails. (which they werent getting) and multiple phone calls (which were being routed somewhere else.

the fax they just dropped the ball on, for which they apologized.
Finally, the browser crash, was not really crash, it was their server crashing. Yes, they're really happy with Cox at this point in time.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Yeah but you went on and on about it, so now I'm curious. What are you going to do? Order from them or someone else? You need that threaded barrel remember?