Researching ?'s before purchasing

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

KPeng16

Researching ?'s before purchasing

Post by KPeng16 »

New to the forum, first post with a few questions if you dont mind.

I am set on getting a supressor for my next purchase, thing is, I dont know a whole lot about them, but I have read just about all the threads here so I am learning.

First off I have a G19 and will be getting a 9mm upper for my AR-15. Is it possible, and with which devices, to use a single can on both platforms. I know the Glock requires a special function built into some of the cans to cycle properly, but that is about as far as my knowledge goes. Will this can still work on a 9mm upper?

Secondly, can a can be shot both wet and dry? Or are some of them not recommended being shot one way or the other?

Thanks - Bill
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It is recommended to put in a solid spacer instead of the spring if you will shoot on a fixed barrel. This can be done. You can do it. I would never as I don't like taking things apart to move them.

You could shoot wet on either, although I don't know anyone who bothers to dump water into an SMG.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Pretty much same answer.

It can be done, but I would/do not do it. Get a thread-on can for the Glock, get a 3-lugged barrel and 3-lug can for the AR.

While water will make a 9mm can quieter, if it NEEDS water to be quiet, I would get a better can.