.22 LR Cricket???

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

.22 LR Cricket???

Post by eazenutz33 »

Ok, so I bought it for my son (he's 13 months old so he wont need it for a bit ;-) ) and thinking about threaded the barrel for my Element and using subsonic ammo ............ "click" is all I want to hear!

Anyone had a Cricket barrel threaded before? The barrel seems like a really small outside diameter to me, but I have no calipers to verify the OD.
I got a silencer for my wife.......I think it was a good trade!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

The OD is small. What I do is thread the OD to fit the Sig Mosquito thread adapter and screw on of those on with Locktite.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
joshsc
Elite Member

Post by joshsc »

According to an old post from Mike(AAA) @ Tornado Technology their barrel is less than 1/2" in diameter in all that he has seen. In order to use it with a standard 1/2x28 .22lr can you'd have to have an adapter made. Also the front sight is too close to the end of the barrel and you'd have to have it trimmed back as well.
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

David Hineline wrote:The OD is small. What I do is thread the OD to fit the Sig Mosquito thread adapter and screw on of those on with Locktite.
do you have pics of this or just a suggestion?

Its my son's first gun I plan to teach him a little discipline with and i dont want it looking all pieced together if the adaptor is going to look goofy.

I would rather spend the money and just buy a cheap bolt action to have it threaded if it doesnt look good.
AAA
Industry Professional

Post by AAA »

Yes these can be threaded, they're under 1/2" so some form of adapter will need to be used. We install a permanent adapter that provides adequate shoulder and has 1/2"-28 threads on it.

If you're looking for a better rifle the Savage Cub is hard to beat and the barrels bigger than 1/2" inch. The problem with the cricket is that the trigger is a joke.
Tornado Technologies
Mailing Address:
22115 NW Imbrie Drive #181
Hillsboro OR 97124
PH: (503)690-8000
Web: www.tornado-technologies.com
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

AAA wrote:Yes these can be threaded, they're under 1/2" so some form of adapter will need to be used. We install a permanent adapter that provides adequate shoulder and has 1/2"-28 threads on it.

If you're looking for a better rifle the Savage Cub is hard to beat and the barrels bigger than 1/2" inch. The problem with the cricket is that the trigger is a joke.
I'll look into a Savage Cub then....for a beginner rifle the trigger should be ok on this to teach some discipline and a tiny bit of marksmanship/making rounds count.

I've shot a few rounds thru it and its surprisingly accurate! I just dont want to ugly it up with an adaptor.
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

I have a Cub...when you thread it, do you need to move the sight or is there enough room in front of it?
BEASLEY7

Post by BEASLEY7 »

Another good buy (and it's what I have for my sons) is the Henry Mini-bolt. Comes with the Williams Fire-sights and ADCO can thread it. Really quiet with an OB2 too.........
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

Congrats on the Cricket purchase for you Son.
I also have a son that is almost 13 months old (5 more days)and was thinking of also buying him a Cricket.
My idea was the black laminate stainless modle... But I never thought of having it threaded for my Tac65 can...... Good idea.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

BWPerdue wrote:I have a Cub...when you thread it, do you need to move the sight or is there enough room in front of it?
N/m...I went and got a rule and some calipers and did some measuring myself. I can easily get .4" threaded on it. I just need to figure out if there is enough shoulder to mount the can against. Maybe I'd need some kind of collar threaded onto and permanently attached to butt the can up against...

AAA, how do you thread Cubs and ensure enough shoulder? Do you have a pic of one?
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

BISHOP wrote:Congrats on the Cricket purchase for you Son.
I also have a son that is almost 13 months old (5 more days)and was thinking of also buying him a Cricket.
My idea was the black laminate stainless modle... But I never thought of having it threaded for my Tac65 can...... Good idea.

BISHOP
thanks and congrats on the rugrat....we have another one started right now about 1 month along, but waiting to find out boy or girl to see if this Cricket (black stock) will work as a hand-me-down or if I need to buy a pink one! haha