My new cleaner

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

QuietMike
Silent Operator

My new cleaner

Post by QuietMike »

I started by making a 5/16 hose barb threaded 1/2-28 and attached it to a pipe plug also drilled and tapped 1/2-28

[img][img=http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4919/cleaner001al7.th.jpg]
The can is threaded onto the hose barb, and the plug/barb/can is threaded into a plumbing pipe. The other end of the pipe has a cap that has been threaded to accept a standard hose barb. Attach fuel line to the pipe and to an electric fuel pump, and some type of sealed tank(I used an ammo can. [img][img=http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2769/cleaner002zo3.th.jpg]
Put your solvent of choice in the tank, attach the pump to a power supply and your in business. My theory is the pressurised solvent will flow through the can much the same as gasses and should clean much better than soaking alone.
Last edited by QuietMike on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Fixed...
I started by making a 5/16 hose barb threaded 1/2-28 and attached it to a pipe plug also drilled and tapped 1/2-28
The can is threaded onto this and the plug/barb/can is screwed into the plumbing pipe. The cap on the other end of the pipe is tapped to accept a standard hose barb. Fuel line is attached to this and to a electric feul pump, and some type of sealed tank( I used an ammo can).
Pour your solvent of choice into the tank, connect the pump to a power supply and your in business. My theory is the pressurized solvent flows through the can the same way gasses do, and will clean much better than soaking alone.
Stupid Redneck
Silent Operator

Post by Stupid Redneck »

Very cool. Have you tried it yet?
Me likey guns.
QuietMike
Silent Operator

Post by QuietMike »

Not yet-have a warlock but still waiting on a threaded barrel from TROS
Stephen Gray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stephen Gray »

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to hear results
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

you might want to make sure you have a filter on the high pressure side so that you don't "pump" junk into the can. I would also make sue that you use a pump that won;t heat up the solvent and cause an explosive situation.