CMMG conversion with Spectre

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

jbabb
Silent But Deadly

CMMG conversion with Spectre

Post by jbabb »

CDNN is running a deal on CMMG .22LR drop-in conversions. I am curious about these things and am thinking about dropping one into my Bushmaster, removing the flash suppressor, and threading on my SWR Spectre.

Being that it is a 5.56/.223 barrel and would be firing .22LR, would it be safe to shoot with the suppressor? I am very AR-ignorant and this particular AR that I am now getting into was a gift.

What kind of accuracy can I expect out of said conversion?

Does anyone have any further experience with these things?

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ar22stcokitw.html
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Ruger MkII Guru and Collector

- SWR Trident 9
- SWR Spectre
- More Ruger MkII's than you can shake a stick at
Black
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black »

I have the CMMG conversion in my Bushmaster, and, unsuppressed, it's performed solidly. I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy between my Bushmaster and my Ruger 10/22, if that's a fair comparison. Just make sure you use premium 22LR rounds, as the cheap stuff doesn't cycle very well.

I plan on using my YHM Phantom with it when it gets transferred over to me, so I'm also curious to see if anybody's doing this...
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire

[url=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/Montaska/Firearms/]My Photobucket[/url]
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Just wanted to keep the "crossed weapons" avatars going...
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
cyclesarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by cyclesarge »

I had the same concerns, so I just decided to get a TacSol complete .22 upper. It was $475 shipped to my address. It has the correct length threads(standard AR threads are longer), correct rifling and required no tuning to shoot .22lr..
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

I have shot 3 different suppressors on three different AR platforms with the same Ciener AR .22 bolt kit, no problems or baffle strikes.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
Mousehouse
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mousehouse »

It would make a fun plinker but accuracy in my mind is something you would be better off buying a dedicated upper or 10/22.

The drop in kits make it very easy to shoot 22's out of your AR. Accuracy will vary greatly. The chamber adapter isn't rifles and a 22lr bullet is a little smaller then your 223. I have never had a baffle strike using a suppressor on my 16" upper.

They are easy to install and a lot cheaper to shoot.

I shoot the heck out of mine and I can hit what I am aiming at. Normally I shoot 50 yards and in. But have shot it farther.

I like the CMMG mags the best. They are a little heavier but haven't had any problems with them breaking.

Buy one and enjoy a lot of cheap shooting.