DeGroat MK99 MOD 0 Suppressor, opinions?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

DeGroat MK99 MOD 0 Suppressor, opinions?

Post by Smilodon »

I'm liking the look of James machining and the way he's conducted himself in our PMs about the NANO, but think is larger can will serve my needs better. I've been previously considering a Trident, but prefer the svelt profile of the MK99 Mod 0. Anybody have experience with this can in comparison to the Trident, EVO9, etc. What do ya all think of DeGroat products in general. Thankyou for your opinions in advace. I noticed Titsworth doesn't have it listed on his site.
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

His conduct in this thread discourages me from doing business with him.

viewtopic.php?t=50145
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Yea, I saw that, does give me pause. His points are valid, but could of been handled better. However, that valve between my brain and mouth tends to get stuck sometimes myself. :oops:
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

robpiat wrote:His conduct in this thread discourages me from doing business with him.
Obviously you haven't read some of the other threads on this board by AAC and other can mfg. :lol: That's some mild stuff.

Do a search about Gem-Tax
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
JC Weaponry
Silent But Deadly

Post by JC Weaponry »

He is Honest, and I've purchased many of his suppressors. We've done large trades and he's always been top notch. I trust him.

Don't be discouraged from buying anything simply because he posted his personal opinions. This is the internet, people post their opinions and it's upto you on what you take personally.

Going simply by his products, They are very well machined, very well designed and every customer who has purchased one from me has been very happy. They work, and they work well.

Like I said in my other thread, they are slimmer in diameter than the other 9mm suppressors I own and they allow me to use my standard SIG sights. I like that personally and use it most often on my pistols. (even my glock)

His other products also work very well for me, such as his flash enhancer, it works like a charm and gives everyone a good time.

Like I said, he's done good on his work, so give him a try if you're looking for a product that will last you a lifetime on multiple pistols.
SIGnature SIGsauer Dealer
01/03 SOT
Newberg, OR
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

I have been to his shop and did some demo's. He builds a quality product. If I didn't already own an AAC Evo-9 and an SWR Trident-9, I would buy one of his standard 9mm models.

dB numbers? Don't have any but, they sounded good to me and my uncalibrated ear.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

JC and Sid for FTW.

I have one but am waiting to get it back from Tornado.
NFAtalk.org
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

I have the MK9 MOD0 for my beretta M9, its been pending since sept. As soon as I shoot it, I'll update this thread for ya and let you know how it sounded.

As far as James goes, he was very eager to help me and answer my emails. The purchase process went smooth as did the the transfer to my dealer. And while I havent asked him, Im sure if something catastrophic happened to my can and it wasnt my fault, he would take care of it. It just seems like he'll stand behind his product. :wink:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

I've got his mark 9 mod 0 and am very happy with it. And when I shoot it with a little water - Oh, la la :P
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Sounds pretty positive so far.....keep 'em coming guys. Merry Christmas!
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
the_accuser
Silent But Deadly

Post by the_accuser »

I have the MK99 Mod 0 and love it. Excellent quality and great sound suppression...you will not be disappointed. I am currently waiting on the ATF to approve my form for the MK9 Mod 0 for my beretta. I have already added the NANO to my wishlist... :D
BEASLEY7

Post by BEASLEY7 »

I have a DTA 99m0 and it's great. I like to so much that I have a second one pending now. The Nano appears to be the bees-knees and I'll likely end up with one of those too. I'd have bought a Nano already but the Gemtech Black-Friday Halo deal was too good to pass up.

I've never had a problem reaching James by email and he had been very patient with a previous transfer issue.

I'll likely take flames for supporting/purchasing from Gemtech but for my needs the Gemtech products work well. I'm not markin' out to James or DTA either, I'm just another satisfied customer.

** EDITED to add I just sent James a PM for a NANO. Yee-Ha **
Last edited by BEASLEY7 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Artful wrote:I've got his mark 9 mod 0 and am very happy with it. And when I shoot it with a little water - Oh, la la :P

Could you elaborate..Im going crazy waiting on it. Shot wet with 147grn, does it compare with a suppressed P22?

Have any youtube video of it? The only MK9 MOD0 video ive seen is from his site.
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Fireman1291 wrote:
Artful wrote:I've got his mark 9 mod 0 and am very happy with it. And when I shoot it with a little water - Oh, la la :P

Could you elaborate..Im going crazy waiting on it. Shot wet with 147grn, does it compare with a suppressed P22?

Have any youtube video of it? The only MK9 MOD0 video ive seen is from his site.
I haven't done a video (I'm just not that cool I guess), when you shoot regular 147 subsonic it's quiet, when you shot subsonic with water in the can it sounds "Hollywood" quiet, I can sit next to someone and be shooting and holding a conversation and they don't even blink when it goes off quiet. It sounds as good as Tac-65 on Ruger pistol. And when I talked to James about the Nano in 9mm, his comment was it was as quiet as mine when wet got me to buy that on the spot.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Artful wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:

I haven't done a video (I'm just not that cool I guess), when you shoot regular 147 subsonic it's quiet, when you shot subsonic with water in the can it sounds "Hollywood" quiet, I can sit next to someone and be shooting and holding a conversation and they don't even blink when it goes off quiet. It sounds as good as Tac-65 on Ruger pistol. And when I talked to James about the Nano in 9mm, his comment was it was as quiet as mine when wet got me to buy that on the spot.
Nice! and yes your cool enough, now go outside and make a video. lol
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Fireman1291 wrote:
Artful wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:

Nice! and yes your cool enough, now go outside and make a video. lol
Can't do today, cooking for the family, just chatting waiting for the gizzards and neck to be done ready to make gravy. I actually have video on a camera but can't seem to get it from there into my computer - I may have to buy one of the USP type video camera's - I miss my old Windows 98 machine that I was good with - Vista just doesn't like me.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Get the new "Flip" HD digital camera. It records in 720p HD, onto a built in flash memory. It has a flip out USB that you plug right into the computer to upload your video. O and its the size of a flip phone. My wife bought me one for christmas.
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

My dad just gave me enough money for Christmas, that I could put a deposit on the NANO.......what to do? Do I get a NANO now save $125- before the 1st of the yr.? s--t, life is full of important choices....... MK99 for the P226, NANO for the P228. Crap wish I was wealthier. :cry: The machining on the NANO is so cool, but I really don't want to change wipes every mag either.
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Smilodon wrote:My dad just gave me enough money for Christmas, that I could put a deposit on the NANO.......what to do? Do I get a NANO now save $125- before the 1st of the yr.? s--t, life is full of important choices....... MK99 for the P226, NANO for the P228. Crap wish I was wealthier. :cry: The machining on the NANO is so cool, but I really don't want to change wipes every mag either.
Wipe changing will depend upon material and ammo - and you can use the nano on 226 and 228 from my thinking - I mean that's the point of a light weight can. I like the intro price as well.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Fireman1291 wrote:Get the new "Flip" HD digital camera. It records in 720p HD, onto a built in flash memory. It has a flip out USB that you plug right into the computer to upload your video. O and its the size of a flip phone. My wife bought me one for christmas.
Post up a youtube will ya so I can see what it's like at 720 - do they make a higher HD version?
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Artful wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote:Get the new "Flip" HD digital camera. It records in 720p HD, onto a built in flash memory. It has a flip out USB that you plug right into the computer to upload your video. O and its the size of a flip phone. My wife bought me one for christmas.
Post up a youtube will ya so I can see what it's like at 720 - do they make a higher HD version?
Not yet. 720 is the only HD resolution out right now.

Ill use it next time I go shooting. Which will be when my MK9 goes approved, so it depends on how fast Ashton gets it to me. :twisted:

This was all taken with my wifes sony cybershot 10.1mp in video mode. So the HD should look damn good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypHUd0sOFzI
Industry T&E
Facebook
Instagram
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Smilodon wrote:The machining on the NANO is so cool, but I really don't want to change wipes every mag either.
Merry Christmas!

The prototype I shot didn't need to have the wipe replaced that often. I'd guess a wet Nano with a new wipe would be good for ~50 rounds before needing more "wet'ness" and a fresh wipe. I didn't track how many rounds we shot but, a full mag didn't really raise the noise level enough for me to notice. A wet recharge at every hi-cap mag change is probably a good idea.
Last edited by Sid Post on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Just PM'd James to put a deposit on a NANO, figure I'll probably regret not getting in on the intro price. If nothign else it'll make a great .22lr. can. I'll get a MK99 later probably, or have him make a nice wiped can for my Yugo M92....
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Smilodon wrote:Just PM'd If nothign else it'll make a great .22lr. can.
The prototype I fired was really good with the 22LR pistols. At $410 delivered to your local dealer, you aren't out much if you don't already own a 22lr suppressor (worst case).
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Don't forget the tax stamp, no I don't have a .22lr. can yet, but was going to do an integral on my HiStandard. Sid, how would your rate the noise level compared to a full size can?
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]