Kahr K9 options?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Gideon

Kahr K9 options?

Post by Gideon »

I wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of a way, or know's of a way to actually set up a Kahr K9, 9mm pistol for a supressor? It's my favorite gun so if I was ever going to get a 9mm can it's the gun I'd want it on but I can't find anything about a barrel option for this gun.

Anyone?
Thanks
Gideon
ncsu90
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncsu90 »

Have Steve at Adco Firearms add an extension to it. I believe someone on the board has already done a PM9. I had him do a CZ85 and had it back in under a week.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page on this link:
http://adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_.cfm?code=1
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

Thanks for the input. he can extend barrels but his sight says they have to be 3.9" to begin with minimum. The K9 has a barrel that's 3.5", still, I'll have to call him to check it out or buy a Kahr T9!

Thanks for the lead!
Gideon
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

They have weird phone hours, you'd be better off dropping him an email. It's easier and quicker. But I'm confident he'll accomodate you on a 3.5" barrel.
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

Well ADCo threaded this Beretta and it only has a 3 inch barrel.

CSF

I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
JohnDS
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnDS »

ADCO did my Kahr CW9, which has a 3.5" barrel. Great work, fit and finish are excellent.
Nuclear
Silent Operator

Post by Nuclear »

Go to Kahr's website and purchase a barrel for a T9, then have it threaded.
Leonard Bayard

Re: Kahr K9 options?

Post by Leonard Bayard »

I too have a Kahr K9 that I would like to modify for a suppressor. I'm looking at the AAC ECO-9 for it.

I already contacted Adco and they can do the threading on it no problem. My question is, has anyone done it? I've heard that Kahr doesn't recommend it and also I was wondering if it would need a LCD to operate properly. Would really love to know if anyone has done the mod before I shell out $600.

Thanks!
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

Adco had a Kahr barrel and slide in their shop last week. Looked good. Just be aware that they usually thread the barrel and make an extension that has a little shoulder on it. So to take the barrel out of the gun, you would need to remove the extension.

They can also make them without the shoulder, which makes them easier to take the barrel out of when cleaning the gun. I don't know what the price difference is, if any. You may want to drop an email to [email protected] or [email protected] for that information.
Leonard Bayard

Post by Leonard Bayard »

rjrivero wrote:Adco had a Kahr barrel and slide in their shop last week. Looked good. Just be aware that they usually thread the barrel and make an extension that has a little shoulder on it. So to take the barrel out of the gun, you would need to remove the extension.

They can also make them without the shoulder, which makes them easier to take the barrel out of when cleaning the gun. I don't know what the price difference is, if any. You may want to drop an email to [email protected] or [email protected] for that information.
Thanks, definitely will check them out
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Steve did my PM9 and did a great job. It worked on my %100 on the Trident but I mainly used it on a TM Poseidon.

If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.