Have you seen this ACR fans?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

How much will the ACR cost?

$1,500
13%
$2,000
18%
$2,500
34%
$3,000+
34%

Total votes: 114

The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Have you seen this ACR fans?

Post by The Good Doctor »

Last edited by The Good Doctor on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

:shock:

Mother fucker. They better not release it without a warning. I need time to save up! :evil:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Wait, what? I thought Remington was making it now.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Braidon »

Selectedmarksman wrote:Wait, what? I thought Remington was making it now.
Same s--t different basket
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

There is a Remington ACR and a Bushmaster ACR. The Remington version is set up to be sold to federal agencies/military. The Bushmaster is for police and commercial. There are some differences in how they are optioned.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

Fireman1291 wrote::shock:

Mother fucker. They better not release it without a warning. I need time to save up! :evil:
You have been warned... You have 5 days to come up with enough scratch to cover the cost + a small (large) mark up.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

chrismartin wrote:
Fireman1291 wrote::shock:

You have been warned... You have 5 days to come up with enough scratch to cover the cost + a small (large) mark up.
Yep... I'm thinking that they are going to announce it at SHOT for real this time (how many years has this gun been at shot?). Not avail next quarter, but I'm thinking shipping at SHOT. Or damn close to it.

Right about right for when my tax rebate should be coming back.

God damn I want a 300 Whisper ACR. I like the AR but it doesn't ever really break down because of the recoil buffer.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Latest pictures I've seen have BACR written on the side. This would appear to me to mean Bushmaster ACR
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

rsilvers wrote:
There is a Remington ACR and a Bushmaster ACR. The Remington version is set up to be sold to federal agencies/military. The Bushmaster is for police and commercial. There are some differences in how they are optioned.
Can you give some insight into the differences? I want an ACR, but if the Bushy is a cheap knock-off of the real-deal Remington I don't want it.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

JohnnyC wrote:
rsilvers wrote:
Can you give some insight into the differences? I want an ACR, but if the Bushy is a cheap knock-off of the real-deal Remington I don't want it.
Not a cheap knock off- virtually the same, just that Bushmaster is doing the civilian sales (and police) and Rem Defense is doing the MIL sales, fed LE, International LE, etc..

Have no fear.
Last edited by JasonAAC on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick Ass Design
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

JohnnyC wrote:
rsilvers wrote:
He already said it will be packaging differences (color, barrel length, fcg, etc etc). I almost guarantee they are made in the same factory on the same line.

Besides, if they weren't its not like you have the OPTION of buying the Remington just like you have no option of buying an M16 (samples aside).

The real difference that I could think of would be that the BACR won't take a select fire control group.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I could easily see Bushmaster screwing it up with 1:9 twist and other sporterizing features. I want the closest thing I can get without a happy switch.
wreckdiver
Silent But Deadly

Post by wreckdiver »

Damn. I guess I should have held off buying the LED LCD TV. Could have spend my change on the BACR.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

JohnnyC wrote:I could easily see Bushmaster screwing it up with 1:9 twist and other sporterizing features. I want the closest thing I can get without a happy switch.
the barrel is quick change, so who cares what they do. Besides they look a little off 16" IMO, like the need to be cut 2-4" and sbr'ed.

I do wonder if the fire selector will still have three markings or just thr two?
Farmallsh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Farmallsh »

God........please give us a factory SBR. 16" barrels are silly looking.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I think 16 inch barrels look good as long as the forearm is long enough.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

rsilvers wrote:I think 16 inch barrels look good as long as the forearm is long enough.
Is there a forearm longer than this then?

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Pure Win!
NFAtalk.org
Tanasoo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tanasoo »

rsilvers wrote:I think 16 inch barrels look good as long as the forearm is long enough.
I agree.

It will be weird having to SBR the upper, especially with the QC barrel. It doesn't make much sense, but then again SBR-ing a lower with a QC upper doesn't make much sense either :? Gotta love the ATF.

If they are selling these at SHOT, I'm buying one on the spot!

And I gotta say, its one of the purdyest rifles out there. It sure beats the hell out of the ugly ass SCAR :lol:
RR
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RR »

este wrote:
Yes, the original polymer one.

jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

I wonder if CT will get any. Thats is if there will be a variance for BAN states...
Either way legally just have to pin the stock and Compensator = gay
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I am pretty sure in MA if you register it as an SBR then it is exempt from the so-called 'assault something' law. Wish I knew that before I made a rarish pre-ban lower an SBR.

You can mark the barrel instead of the rifle.
The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Post by The Good Doctor »

RR wrote:
este wrote:
Yes, the original polymer one.

I like the length of the "basic" for-end but the rails on the "enhanced".

I would prefer a 14.5" barrel with a pinned flash hider (hey the won AAC so they should be able to pin the mount of your choice).
FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

I can't see from the picture... do all configurations have that M4-ish step in the barrel?
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

bigbigpig wrote:I can't see from the picture... do all configurations have that M4-ish step in the barrel?
That's the M203 grenade launcher step right? I would assume they all have it, unless there is an HBAR version not yet released.

I see the pics of the longer forearm and it does look better, but I still think 16" is too much. Espescially with the suppressor mounted. I think I just prefer little exposed barrel. 12 or 14.5" for me.

... Looking at the "leaked" (lame) videos again, I wonder if the piston system can be scaled back to accept a 12" barrel? It looks to me like a pretty long stroke.