Have you seen this ACR fans?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

How much will the ACR cost?

$1,500
13%
$2,000
18%
$2,500
34%
$3,000+
34%

Total votes: 114

bigbigpig
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigbigpig »

I'd prefer a barrel that doesn't have an M203 cut. That's about where I'd like to cut the barrel. If the barrel was cut that far down would it interfere with the operation of the gun?
RR
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RR »

este wrote:
I see the pics of the longer forearm and it does look better, but I still think 16" is too much. Espescially with the suppressor mounted. I think I just prefer little exposed barrel. 12 or 14.5" for me.
I agree and I like the handguard with removable rails on this 14.5" better than the solid one.

Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

I thought Remington was making it now.
Companies are related. Both owned by Freedom Group (of Cerberus).

ETA: Never mind.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

I like the longer fore end too.

My big hope is that the price isn't anywhere near what FN wants for a SCAR.:roll:

Looks promising...I hope it performs well.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
tReznr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tReznr »

este wrote:
God damn I want a 300 Whisper ACR. I like the AR but it doesn't ever really break down because of the recoil buffer.
So has that been announced? Or just on a wish list of yours?
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Is SN 00000 viable, I mean really!!!!!!!
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Post by The Good Doctor »

RR wrote:
este wrote:
I see the pics of the longer forearm and it does look better, but I still think 16" is too much. Espescially with the suppressor mounted. I think I just prefer little exposed barrel. 12 or 14.5" for me.
I agree and I like the handguard with removable rails on this 14.5" better than the solid one.

I would be extremely happy with this setup. As far as I am concerened they can pin that Blackout right there and I can run my M4-2000 the day the gun arrives!
FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
Koro
Silent Operator

Post by Koro »

That looks more like a 12.5" barrel to me.
RR
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RR »

The Good Doctor wrote:
I would be extremely happy with this setup. As far as I am concerened they can pin that Blackout right there and I can run my M4-2000 the day the gun arrives!
Same here. :D
RR
Senior Silent Operator

Post by RR »

Koro wrote:That looks more like a 12.5" barrel to me.
That's what I thought but according to JasonAAC it's a 14.5" barrel.
JasonAAC wrote:
RR wrote:What's the barrel length of the one in the 2nd pic?
14.5" mid-length gas
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

The non sidefolder stock is good for ban states.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Koro wrote:That looks more like a 12.5" barrel to me.
As far as I know from using the gun on multiple occasions, they are using a carbine-length gas system on the 10" guns and a mid-length system on the 14.5 and 16" guns. That is why the front end looks too short to be 14.5.
Kick Ass Design
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

That thing looks sexier than any HK any day!

That should make the Krauts sour. You have my approval.

EDITED1/21/10 after seeing the price.

Bushmuncher can count me out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs
Last edited by strobro32 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Even if they are the same I would still prefer the remington badge. Not sure why they are playing the branding games. Not sure why they bought Bushmaster other than the Cobb 50 acquisition.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

JasonAAC wrote:
Not a cheap knock off- virtually the same, just that Bushmaster is doing the civilian sales (and police) and Rem Defense is doing the MIL sales, fed LE, International LE, etc..

Poor move from a LE standpoint, and from a consumer market as well. There were very easy ways that they could have gone after both markets, which would have made more sense.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
The Good Doctor
Silent But Deadly

Post by The Good Doctor »

Stickman wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:
Not a cheap knock off- virtually the same, just that Bushmaster is doing the civilian sales (and police) and Rem Defense is doing the MIL sales, fed LE, International LE, etc..

Poor move from a LE standpoint, and from a consumer market as well. There were very easy ways that they could have gone after both markets, which would have made more sense.
Most civilians who buy this gun are going to be "gun snobs" and gun snobs don't by Bushmaster. I will, but I'll have to hold my nose.

I love the gun but when I think Bushmaster I think $950 gun not $1,750 (or whatever) gun.

I look forward to purchasing one and plan on having it in time for the Silencer shoot in the fall :D
FFL/SOT
Metal Gear
[email protected]
www.metalgearllc.com
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

tReznr wrote:
este wrote:
God damn I want a 300 Whisper ACR. I like the AR but it doesn't ever really break down because of the recoil buffer.
So has that been announced? Or just on a wish list of yours?
Its a quick change barreled gun. 300 Whisper makes the most sense for quiet shooting. The only thing you would need to do is pop in a new barrel and gas assembly, then load whisper rounds in the mag. No bolt change or anything else needed. I'm sure it will be mere days before someone has a barrel and gas system ready to go for the ACR.

10" whisper barrel please!
BachelorJack
Silent But Deadly

Post by BachelorJack »

I'm expecting the bushmaster version to be just like the bushmaster m4's. Neutered for no real reason. Don't those still ship with AR15 carriers instead of M16 carriers and commerical buffer tubes instead of Mil-Spec ones?

I doubt most of the real selling features will make it over to the bushmaster line. Which is a pitty yet funny if you really think about it.

Maybe someone who actually knows will be able to specifically list the differences.
Arghhh!!
yarbsea

Post by yarbsea »

The Good Doctor wrote:
Stickman wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:

Most civilians who buy this gun are going to be "gun snobs" and gun snobs don't by Bushmaster. I will, but I'll have to hold my nose.

I love the gun but when I think Bushmaster I think $950 gun not $1,750 (or whatever) gun.
I look forward to purchasing one and plan on having it in time for the Silencer shoot in the fall :D
HAHA...you and me both wish.

We all know it's going to be $2700 msrp at LEAST. And probably 8k on gunbroker until the summer when it drops to 5k....so i'll be getting one this time next year.
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

Interesting read I found from another forum.

http://www.soldiersystems.net/

Robinson Arms Sues Remington, Bushmaster, RRA, and Magpul
January 15th, 2010

Robinson Arms, manufacturers of the XCR have filed suit yesterday in US District Court for Utah against Remington, Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, and Magpul Industries based on alleged infingement of their patent (Multi-caliber ambidextrously controllable firearm #7,596,900) issued 6 October, 2009 and initially filed in August of 2003.

Specifically, the weapons alleged to have violated Robinson’s patent are the Remington/Bushmaster ACR, Magpul Masada/Massoud, and the RRA LAR-8. All of these weapons feature a magazine release that is manipulated by the trigger finger from within the trigger guard as well as a similar bot hold open device.

Both Bushmaster and Remington are part of the Freedom group, owned by Cerberus Capital Management. So for taking on Freedom Group I give them an “Eâ€
كافر
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

F--k them, that XCR is a POS. If they impede me getting my ACR, so help me! :evil:

I hope they tell them to shove it, that thier barrels arent held in by a set screw. What a crock.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
Dantheman3660
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Dantheman3660 »

What happened to the ACR being in just two calibers? I thought it was planeed to to be:
7.62x39
6.5 Varitations
as well as the 5.56 & 6.8?

Dan
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

[quote="soohwa"]Interesting read I found from another forum.

http://www.soldiersystems.net/

Robinson Arms Sues Remington, Bushmaster, RRA, and Magpul
January 15th, 2010

Robinson Arms, manufacturers of the XCR have filed suit yesterday in US District Court for Utah against Remington, Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, and Magpul Industries based on alleged infingement of their patent (Multi-caliber ambidextrously controllable firearm #7,596,900) issued 6 October, 2009 and initially filed in August of 2003.

Specifically, the weapons alleged to have violated Robinson’s patent are the Remington/Bushmaster ACR, Magpul Masada/Massoud, and the RRA LAR-8. All of these weapons feature a magazine release that is manipulated by the trigger finger from within the trigger guard as well as a similar bot hold open device.

Both Bushmaster and Remington are part of the Freedom group, owned by Cerberus Capital Management. So for taking on Freedom Group I give them an “Eâ€
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

Are the bushmaster ones going to come from the same factory as the remington ones?
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Dantheman3660 wrote:What happened to the ACR being in just two calibers? I thought it was planeed to to be:
7.62x39
6.5 Varitations
as well as the 5.56 & 6.8?

Dan
The 6.5 is a tough one for them. They don't want to use grendel because Alexander arms (like jd jones) is a patenty bitch. And, compared to 6.8, the small 6.5 doesn't make much sense.

It's a modular carrier and quick change barrel. What is stopping them from releasing 7.62r, 22, 9mm, <insert> later? I would guess that since 7.6x39 is missing perhaps they are still in development. If it's going to hold up the release, by all means do it later!

You'll also notice 30AR is also missing and that's remingtons newest speciallty cartridge. Which if I understand it, is a 6.8 that uses a 30 cal bullet (as that dis seem to make sense) statistically in the new cartridge world, it'll flop