Ultra-Affordable VLTOR Suppressor Line at SHOT?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

este
Silent But Deadly

Ultra-Affordable VLTOR Suppressor Line at SHOT?

Post by este »

Does anyone there know what's going on with these? Link below says the price could be $300! Interesting to me because I've mostly shot suppressed 223 with plugs/muffs on anyhow and if I'm going to do that I don't think I'll care if it's a couple db away from the best of the best. I agree with the article, interesting because they don't make garbage.

More info
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscou ... ssor-vs-1/

So... for anyone at the show go look and see about:

Size?
Weight?
Specific barrel profile?
Baffle Type?
Materials used?
ETA?
Last edited by este on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
MAJ MALFUNCTION
Elite Industry Professional

Post by MAJ MALFUNCTION »

Interesting!
SILENCER WHOLESALER - selling to Class III dealers only
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

Oh boy, I live about 20 minutes from that place.

I did NOT need to read this.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I like the way it screws on..That over the barrel design looks like its gonna be a large volume can..
I'm really looking forward to see whats revealed at the show..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
zepheris.HK
Silent Operator

Post by zepheris.HK »

If that's true and it performs pretty well, I think it'd be a hot seller. Nice and simple design, I like it. Let's hope they don't pull a Bushmaster and charge 3x what was planned :lol:
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

With prices falling all over the place and newcomers making affordable quality cans, this "niche" market is going to get exciting. Competition is good.
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

strobro32 wrote:With prices falling all over the place and newcomers making affordable quality cans, this "niche" market is going to get exciting. Competition is good.
+1

Look what Osprey did to Ti-rant prices.
NFAtalk.org
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

I applaud this, because they appear to be one of the few vendors at the show with something of interest that's also taking into account the current market and economy. $2500 ACRs and $3000 Leupolds are not likely to make their way into may safes and certainly not into the hands of any shooters, but a $500 OTD can? Yes.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

Am I being a paranoid cheapskate or does that mount look integrated into that barrel?
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Braidon »

very interesting.....
MisterWilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by MisterWilson »

It's a collar that's secured by the flash hider, replaces the crush washer.
Last edited by MisterWilson on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your Mom.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

rob_s wrote:I applaud this, because they appear to be one of the few vendors at the show with something of interest that's also taking into account the current market and economy. $2500 ACRs and $3000 Leupolds are not likely to make their way into may safes and certainly not into the hands of any shooters, but a $500 OTD can? Yes.
Those geniuses the priced the acr only looked at the Obama rush and priced it as if everyone would feel a dire need to buy it. I haven't seen one person yet say that they will buy it for $3000, replace the barrel, just accept that's it's a heavy pig, and somehow pretend they are getting a good deal.

As where VLTOR may have stumbeled on to something really hot here. I love how there is no exposed barrel. Depending on how that mount works it looks like it may be possible to set it up for variable length barrels but still have the same look.

For that to come out and sell well all they need is cheap and quiet or cheap and light.

I like the KAC M110 look to it.
Last edited by este on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

MisterWilson wrote:
Deathray wrote:Am I being a paranoid cheapskate or does that mount look integrated into that barrel?
My take is the same having blown up a few of the images.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

MisterWilson wrote:
Deathray wrote:Am I being a paranoid cheapskate or does that mount look integrated into that barrel?
That's a good theory, makes sense but it's a little too early to tell. They would be wise to release a mount that was a little long and meant to be cut then installed, that way you don't need o run a specific gas block, rail, or flashhider.

Does anyone know how long the barrel in the above pic is? I don't know enough about their product to ID the parts and make an accurate guess. I would be all over this with a 14" sbr. I'm not sure if 12 would be enough handguard.
panaceabeachbum
Silent Operator

Post by panaceabeachbum »

$400 can that requires a $400 dedicated bbl???
RICHARD THOMPSON
www.thompsonmachine.net
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

panaceabeachbum wrote:$400 can that requires a $400 dedicated bbl???
Read much? No, it does not appear to need a special barrel.
rob_s wrote:
MisterWilson wrote:
My take is the same having blown up a few of the images.
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

I really like this concept. You could run your choice of FH/Brake if it fit the suppressor. Maybe you could run a KAC TT and still use their collar. If the numbers are there I will be buying one.
panaceabeachbum
Silent Operator

nope ESTES I cant read
Last edited by panaceabeachbum on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RICHARD THOMPSON
www.thompsonmachine.net
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Maybe Stickman would be so kinda as to drop in here in educate us, seeing as he took the photos....

Someone fire up the StickSignal
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

panaceabeachbum wrote:nope ESTES I cant read, just looking at the pics and based on the article linked in the first post it appears the base cap of the suppressor screws on a threaded portion of the bbl that doesnt exist on a std AR.

What information in the link have you read that "suggest" the suppressor pictured in the article screws on a std barrel ? I have a bunch of AR from a number of manufacturers and none have the bbl in these pics standard
And what is it that would stop that from fitting over the barrel?
panaceabeachbum
Silent Operator

you're correct didnt notice it was a slip over affair, I look forward to seeing it released , maybe it and the VLTOR Bren will hit the market about the same time
RICHARD THOMPSON
www.thompsonmachine.net
joshrunkle35
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshrunkle35 »

Looks like a collar to me.
So the Libyan Fable is told
That once an eagle, stricken with a dart,
Said, when he saw the fashion of the shaft,
"With our own feathers, not by others' hands,
Are we now smitten."
-Anton Myrer, Once an Eagle
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

panaceabeachbum wrote:you're correct didnt notice it was a slip over affair, I look forward to seeing it released , maybe it and the VLTOR Bren will hit the market about the same time
No sweat. For all we know it is a collar and still needs a special barrel or something else restrictive that we don't know about yet.

I was fairly young for Miami Vice and I just don't see the appeal in the Bren. So, as far as I am concerned I'd like to see this out first :)

Plus, even if it wasn't cheap I have some money that I was planning on spending on the ACRape that I think I'll direct somewhere else until receiver clones start showing up.
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Braidon »

It looks like the suppressor indexes on the threaded area and the upset on the collar right behind the muzzle device. That would be sweet if you could use whatever muzzle device you want and the collar mount is the critical mounting surface....
cowboy7242001
Silent But Deadly

Post by cowboy7242001 »

Didn't Troy get their pee pee slapped for a similar mount?