Silencer for your scatter-gun?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

zeezee
Silent But Deadly

Silencer for your scatter-gun?

Post by zeezee »

"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams
GlockBuyer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GlockBuyer »

Want one better? Try Red Jacket's Suppressed Saiga 12

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/
Lindenwood
Silent But Deadly

Post by Lindenwood »

I thought about doing that. Just start with one of the long-barreled pump guns with like a 26-28" barrel, and build an integral suppressor all the way back to the mag tube (port the barrel along the extra length). On standard Mossbergs I believe the tube is 14" long, leaving you 12-14" for a suppressor, and on the Remington 4+1s I think it is 12" long, giving you an extra 2" for a suppressor. Make the body like 2" in diameter and I'd think one could at least get it hearing safe with a basic design. It would probably need a red-dot to see over the can though.

Though, at the moment it is very low on the list of realistic priorities. Next on the list is a QMF9 I think, though, heh.
sub-sonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by sub-sonic »

thats got to be heavy.
look down the page at the mossberg.
I have two hobbies. Shooting and reloading. The more I do of one the more I can do of the other.
AgentAdam
Senior Silent Operator

Post by AgentAdam »

The .410 would be decent. I wonder how short the barrel would have to be for a .410 and 12g to make all shells subsonic. They are very efficient with even 12" barrels because of the fast burning powders.

JacksonBrowne
Silent But Deadly

Post by JacksonBrowne »

AgentAdam wrote:The .410 would be decent. I wonder how short the barrel would have to be for a .410 and 12g to make all shells subsonic. They are very efficient with even 12" barrels because of the fast burning powders.

Porting at 8" is keeping the shorter .410s subsonic in mine (OAL 26"). Working around the barrel nut and pump is a lot of fun. I would try a single shot first.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Unless I was dreaming,,,,,,,,,,,,,I remember where Kevin was talking about AAC working on a suppressed shotty. :wink:

I would LOVE to have one of those, I'm sure it would be the best thing since sliced bread. 8)
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Sigproshooter wrote:Unless I was dreaming,,,,,,,,,,,,,I remember where Kevin was talking about AAC working on a suppressed shotty. :wink:

I would LOVE to have one of those, I'm sure it would be the best thing since sliced bread. 8)
I must have had the same dream. :wink:

Because I remember that clearly as well, along with waking up all sticky and wet. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the only gun I need a suppressor for 3-gun matches.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

I got tired of waiting on AAC 8)
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

WTF!!

MORE INFO!! :shock:
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

This is a one off Tromix suppressor. I have it on my Tromix 8".
He swore he would never make another as it took forever to port the barrel.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

and................

How does it sound, shoot....................

vids?????

congrats BTW
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

I like it! I don't have any video of it but it does knock the sound down significantly.
I have shot it without muffs or plugs a few times but it will still make my ears ring, kind of like a .22mag rifle.
The main advantage for me is that I can run the gun all day long without getting that concussive blast.
Makes the gun really fun!