Ruger SR22 barrel thread options

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Ruger SR22 barrel thread options

Post by David Hineline »

Ok so I have a customer who has bought 2 of the Ruger SR-22 rifles, need to know what is up with the muzzle flash hider, no wrench flats I am not going to do destructive testing on it untill I know if this thing is threaded on, permanent part of the barrel etc.

So what says the collective knowledge base of this site, or just someone who has already done it. How to end up 16" and 1/2X28 threads on the end.

Also how does the barrel mount work on this rifle, will a std. bull barrel 10-22 barrel fit? If so perhaps a couple integral bull barrels is the way to go.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

as I search the interweb it looks like it has 1/2X28 threads under that thing.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Answers can be found here:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR22.htm
ctarrico

Post by ctarrico »

I've got one and had to take the flash hider off with a barrel vice and a vice grip. I marked up the flash hider slightly and will refinish it when I finish the the gun.
In hind sight once the barrel is clamped you could put a flat piece of steel wrapped in electrical tape through the slots and probably not mark it up.
It was torqued on there at least 30-40 ft-lbs.
Ruger customer service wouldn't even tell me if it was threaded at first.
It is 1/2 x 28
There is another hurdle to get over, the exposed thread on the end of the barrel is almost .7" long. I just ordered a spacer 300" thick to compensate for the extra length.
This is who will make it.
http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i12.html

PS my SR-22 seems to like W-W subs and CCI subs, 50 yd groups under 1/2" with a Spectre on the end
silent joe

Post by silent joe »

TORX T-60 will fit the end of the flashider,it should thread right off!!!