cz 452 varmint

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

kimbershot
Silent Operator

cz 452 varmint

Post by kimbershot »

i am buying a new cz 22lr. decided on the varmint as i like the longer barrel and weight. i am thinking of having the barrel threaded for a can. would it make sense to use a can on this rifle sound wise? would eventually use can on other 22's. could i get by with subsonics for this rifle? would be looking for a take apart. any personal experiences/videos out there?

:shock:
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

452 American w/ YHM Mite.

Threaded by YHM.

Leupy glass.

Good enuf for me.
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I have a CZ452 Varmint with heavy 16" screwcut barrel and SM11 / Scirocco silencer.

It's accurate and very quiet but the standard trigger is awful. To sell a "Varmint" model with this trigger is a crime against common sense. Luckily the kits to sort the trigger only cost a few pounds.

Like many other CZ452 I have heard of, some CCI ammunition is difficult to close the bolt on because the length of the round means the head touches the rifling too soon. This is worst with the CCI Stinger, although they still shoot OK.

Mine shoots best with Winchester X Subsonics and will hold 1/2" at 50 yds, which is good for rabbits and squirrels.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Re: cz 452 varmint

Post by tmix »

kimbershot wrote:i am buying a new cz 22lr. decided on the varmint as i like the longer barrel and weight. i am thinking of having the barrel threaded for a can. would it make sense to use a can on this rifle sound wise? would eventually use can on other 22's. could i get by with subsonics for this rifle? would be looking for a take apart. any personal experiences/videos out there?

:shock:
I just bought a 452 varmint. Took it out of the box and stuck it in the lathe for my can.
It's probably the most accurate .22 rifle I own and I own a bunch. It's nice and quiet, too. Subsonics are not a problem. Colobri's feed perfectly, as well.

Great rifle, get one while you can as CZ will eventually discontinue them with the forthcoming 455.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
Wrench_V10
Silent Operator

Post by Wrench_V10 »

Would it make sense sound wise? You got it, one of the best hosts is a bolt action 22. All you'll hear with subs is the pin dropping. At the risk of getting flamed, my 452 American loved Rem subs. I've recently switched to CCI Quik-Shok subsonic cause they put game dawn quicker. Are the subs worth it? Hell yea they are, once you have your can load up a clip with every other round subs, and high velocity. All you need is one shot of each and it'll be obvious. A can is next to no use on a 22lr without subs, it will still crack and really not sound much different.