Will Tirant 45 be offered in shorter configuration?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

a22silensir
Silent Operator

Will Tirant 45 be offered in shorter configuration?

Post by a22silensir »

Someday I'd like to get a Tirant 45 after my stamp comes in for the Osprey, but I'm not too keen on its length at 8.75". BTW, does that length include the mount? Anyway, I had heard AAC may make a shorter version. Is that true and what length would that be? I'd rather not have any can over 8" as above that it begins to dwarf the host. What would the db reduction be for a 7.5 or 8" Tirant if made? thanks
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

There is a shorter version made for the Military, there was talk about a surplus being made available for civilians as well. The Maj. would be the one to contact on this, as he would be one of the main dealers to get them in. 8)
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

correct me if i am wrong but didnt John test the short version?
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

TROLL
ΜΟΛΩÎ
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

$30 spent at silencerresearch.com would answer your questions.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

1. Titsworth tested them.

2. .7" isn't a dealbreaker, especially in return for the extra sound reduction

3. Why are you speed dating every gun website?
Kick Ass Design
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

U bought a good can. Don't worry about it.
NFAtalk.org
a22silensir
Silent Operator

Post by a22silensir »

Oh, didnt know it was tested by Jon. I was gonna pay the $30, but bought some ammo instead. I figure by observing other's posts and asking questions I could read between the lines in which cans are best. Just too many variables to assume his tests are stone cold accurate. Accurate enough though I gather. thanks
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:U bought a good can. Don't worry about it.
That and the shorter version is made of Unobtanium.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

a22silensir wrote:Oh, didnt know it was tested by Jon. I was gonna pay the $30, but bought some ammo instead. I figure by observing other's posts and asking questions I could read between the lines in which cans are best. Just too many variables to assume his tests are stone cold accurate. Accurate enough though I gather. thanks
a man that can think for himself. Nice!

Yes, you can tell which cans are the go to reading between the lines..........Ti-rant 9 vs ?ultimount for example..... His fanboys cannot resist cheerleading the winner on this board. They inevitably leak out "Motor trend car of the year" winner, minus the numbers. If u only care about the top performing can.....no need to pay. If u want the entire data, then go pay.

There variables and history as well. John got the first ones made public to do his testing. The prototypes if you will. The first "off the shelf" ones are just being released now. A lot of time has passed since the 2. The irony of it is that the AAC prodigy went through something similiar, john even has a blurb written aboutwhat happened on his site. The db reduction data between the prototype Prodigy vs the off the shelf Prodigy were night and day........so much so that AAC offrered to replace the cores from the off the shelf model due to the poor performance John tested and released. The Osprey had alot less time from prototype to off the shelf IMHO.

NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

a22silensir wrote:Oh, didnt know it was tested by Jon. I was gonna pay the $30, but bought some ammo instead. I figure by observing other's posts and asking questions I could read between the lines in which cans are best. Just too many variables to assume his tests are stone cold accurate. Accurate enough though I gather. thanks
This is strange to me. In another one of your threads you questioned the political motives behind posters here, wanting to know who were AAC fanboys and the like and now you call Mr. Titsworth's actual meter data suspect?

And now you're dissing the best performing .45 can on the market because of it's length? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but we're definitely approaching troll-territory here.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

JasonAAC wrote:...

3. Why are you speed dating every gun website?
Probably this ...
JPratt06 wrote:TROLL
But he's really not very good at it and trying to make it up in volume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
a22silensir
Silent Operator

Post by a22silensir »

Like mentioned, theres often a big difference when a company, for example AAC, send in a super refined version that meters well to be praised by a tester and the actual version that customers receive. Homey dont play that. :wink:
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Well, homey, the 'long' version is the commercial version so stop making s--t up.
armoredsaint
Silent But Deadly

Post by armoredsaint »

a22silensir wrote:Like mentioned, theres often a big difference when a company, for example AAC, send in a super refined version that meters well to be praised by a tester and the actual version that customers receive. Homey dont play that. :wink:
didn't you just claim on TOS that you got banned here? You are so full of it... :roll: Same join date, same state and different troll names "atlatl"...and you post a lot of ignorance questions on the suppressor forums.

SilencerCo Osprey the quietest 45 can now?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:37:44 PM EDT
by cchurchi
Having a NSN really mean anything?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:32:04 PM EDT
by bluefalcon
AAC Tirant 45 baffles collapsing under pressure, true?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:10:40 PM EDT
by MuXi115
45 Tirant batch 1 reserved for earlybirds?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 10:52:55 AM EDT
by Mand76
DB reduction testing by manufacturers. How accurate?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 4:01:29 AM EDT
by Tuukka
Gemtech SOS 45 performance?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Yesterday 6:15:54 PM EDT
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Yesterday 12:35:44 PM EDT
by Mand76
It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
a22silensir
Silent Operator

Post by a22silensir »

geez, I'd hate to be the woman who broke up with you. A bit obsessive wouldnt ya say? stalker? :lol: But seriously, I'm not the person that you project me to be over on that site given I generally dont ask many questions being many folks are less informed in topics over on the ar site as they are here so it seems. I've asked questions there and many times no one knows the answer. I like the fact I can toss a question out here and someone will answer and maybe someone will accuse me of being a troll. I say to that "it takes one to know one" but, I'm not of that needless to say.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Well, we are generally more open here and it is customary for newbies to get a ribbing.

It might help your case, though, if in asking questions you don't make hidden assertions. Half your questions are more insinuations based on nothing. This bit about AAC making a long can for testing only to produce a shorter can for actual commercial sales being a prime example. The bit about the AAC baffles collapsing being another. Neither have any basis in truth and I can't even find a source for such 'rumors' other than you. In the future, at least site your sources.

Your posts have been pretty disingenuous and don't strike me as part of a pursuit of truth, on the whole.

So, again, settle in, use the search, do your research, and welcome aboard.
a22silensir
Silent Operator

Post by a22silensir »

thanks packy, I'll settle down.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

armoredsaint wrote:
a22silensir wrote:Like mentioned, theres often a big difference when a company, for example AAC, send in a super refined version that meters well to be praised by a tester and the actual version that customers receive. Homey dont play that. :wink:
didn't you just claim on TOS that you got banned here? You are so full of it... :roll: Same join date, same state and different troll names "atlatl"...and you post a lot of ignorance questions on the suppressor forums.

atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:37:44 PM EDT
by cchurchi
Having a NSN really mean anything?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:32:04 PM EDT
by bluefalcon
AAC Tirant 45 baffles collapsing under pressure, true?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 2:10:40 PM EDT
by MuXi115
45 Tirant batch 1 reserved for earlybirds?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 10:52:55 AM EDT
by Mand76
DB reduction testing by manufacturers. How accurate?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Today 4:01:29 AM EDT
by Tuukka
Gemtech SOS 45 performance?
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Yesterday 6:15:54 PM EDT
atlatl
Armory
Suppressors
Yesterday 12:35:44 PM EDT
by Mand76
It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.

Bawhahahahaha!!!!

Groupie.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com