2010 Silencer Shoot is Canceled.

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Kevin/AAC wrote:
eric10mm wrote:
JasonAAC wrote: Not true.
Can you prove that? I didn't think so. No one knows what evil lies in the offices of Administration.
I am the President of AAC. We will never stop selling silencers on the commercial market. I would resign.
This.
Kick Ass Design
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Kevin/AAC wrote:I am the President of AAC. We will never stop selling silencers on the commercial market. I would resign.
Sentiments aside, although appreciated, the sound of a door slaming ex-executive has happened before....
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Kevin/AAC wrote: I am the President of AAC. We will never stop selling silencers on the commercial market. I would resign.

And then you would be replaced by someone else more freindly to corporate decisions. On a lighter note, hopefully it will never happen.
Ctaylor
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ctaylor »

Kramer wrote:And then you would be replaced by someone else more freindly to corporate decisions. On a lighter note, hopefully it will never happen.
If Kevin left I'm pretty sure everyone else would leave. I get the impression it's a very tightly knit family over there.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

He could start a new company like RACC Really Advanced Armament Corporation....

But sadley I bet that Remington made him sign a non-compete clause.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

It would cost Remington a lot of money to stop selling silencers on the commercial market. It would not make business sense.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

Awesome!! I'm glad to hear it's back on for the spring. :D
Fallschirmjaager
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fallschirmjaager »

If I'm not in Afghanistan I'll totally be there. I'm glad the speculation was so off!

That being said, I'm not worried that AAC will stop selling silencers, I'm worried that they'll start selling "civilian models" and reserving certain features for .mil and LE sales.
I live in the weak and the wounded... Doc...
garandman
Silent But Deadly

Post by garandman »

Kevin/AAC wrote:It would cost Remington a lot of money to stop selling silencers on the commercial market. It would not make business sense.

Your personal dedication to civilian ownership of suppressors is unquestionable.

That said, having been in the corporate world all my adult life, I've seen MANY MANY decisions made that make NO business sense at all. Hopefully Remmy won't fall into that pattern.

Glad the suppressor shoot is still on. Bummed its in a new location.

But given I've been to two of them, its only fair that another part of the country get to enjoy your fine productions.

May there be many more in the future.
Late to the NFA party, but makin' up for lost time....
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

Kevin/AAC wrote:It would cost Remington a lot of money to stop selling silencers on the commercial market. It would not make business sense.
I mean that's pretty much it.

If they acquired AAC to stop selling to Civilians... they just made a massive mistake, I'd be willing to bet that 3/4th's of their business is probably to civilians.

I mean unless they get an massive, exclusive standard issue order from the military for their suppressors, I just think they'd be losing money every year.

The money that built AAC into what it is came primarily from civilian enthusiasts.

I know Cerebus is a massive company/entity (I don't know what legal letter head they classify themselves as, but I don't really care), but they've bought a lot of companies that were built on selling to civilians.

I mean really look at the other companies they've bought.

Remington, DPMS, and Bushmaster. Those are not companies with standard issue equipment to the U.S. Military.

But they can build at the levels required by Law Enforcement and the Military.

They bought companies to get into the Defense Industry.

If they wanted to buy companies with existing contracts with the Government (Military and Law Enforcement), they'd be talking to KAC, Colt, Dillon Aero, H&K, Beretta, Glock and FN. (ETA: Forgot Barrett)

With pockets as deep as theirs are, apparently they could afford all of those companies with the exception of I believe FN, H&K and Glock probably wouldn't sell, but arguably, there are competitive enough designs with Glocks that I don't know how realistic that'd be.

I don't know who contracts out the builds for the Marine's M40 Sniper Rifle and the Army's M24, Remington might source some parts for that, but I bet they sell double the number of bolt action rifles to civilians that they do to the military.

This just sounds like hysteria.

That being said, there are enough innovative manufacturers, if AAC stopped selling to the civilian market, someone would absorb their business and fill that gap in a few years.

Just an observation from an outsider.

ETA: To correct a sentence.

ETA 3: Also, I'm not saying that AAC doesn't have some contracts, or hasn't filled any with the Military, but those are probably within the SOF Community and it's not like they're an item issued on every single of X rifle, such as the SPR, or M110.

They're not paired with an item, so they're selectively bought by certain units that can probably do so (Which is the SOF Community), but, it's not part of a package, that I'm aware of anyway.
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

I get the impression it's a very tightly knit family over there.
Very much so, from what I have observed.
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
Smilodon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Smilodon »

Please don't make it the same weekend as Knob Creek, as you had planned this fall. I need to help my Dad sell bullets! Anyhow, thanks for rescheduling it for Spring, as financially is was becoming clear I wouldn't be able to attend this fall, and was gonna go w/Dad to the Creek instead. Middle of May would be awesome!!! Hopefully I can have my quiet project done too....... :wink:
www.sabrewerks.com
[email protected]
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

New feature at the next Shoot...

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.
"Fully welded core!"
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Armorer-at-Law
Silent But Deadly

Post by Armorer-at-Law »

Kevin, when I first saw the link I was thinking "Metamusil???? Kevin isn't that old!"
:shock:
Fortunately, I clinked the link and see it's much more exciting than dietary fiber. :D
Send lawyers, guns, and money...
Armorer-at-Law.com
07FFL/02SOT
Cobra700
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Cobra700 »

:D NICE!!!!!!!!!!

B.R.O.B.????? :twisted:

Bring Your Own Bike???? hehehe
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

Kevin/AAC wrote:New feature at the next Shoot...

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.

VERY nice
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

wragarand wrote:

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.

VERY nice
We've gotta keep everyone busy over the 3 days.. ;)
It's morphing into a bit of a festival atmosphere... minus all the hippies.
Kick Ass Design
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

JasonAAC wrote:
wragarand wrote:

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.

VERY nice
Oh thank goodness...don't scare me like that! :shock:
Cobra700
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Cobra700 »

JasonAAC wrote:
wragarand wrote:

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.

VERY nice
Mers insn't going??? :lol:
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Being a MIL/LEO gun company has pretty serioud perks. Look at some examples.

Colt: M4 fanboys pay a premium over all other semi-auto or full-auto rifles for the "mil-spec" perk.....come up with all kinds of reasons to justify the marked up price.

Remington: M24. Go price one on the civ market. Pricey huh? Many custom rifle builders could make u a rifle just as nice for less, but at the end of the day, it's just not"mil-spec" and this perk comes with a premium

KAC: Makes all kinds of "mil-spec" items,guys go goo for, pay a premium over similar type item, go price semi-auto 308 AR platforms, you could buy all the ones made for the price of the "mil-spec" KAC version.....Go price a 45 can by KAC, price others. Compare db reductions. But at the end of the day.....one one is "mil-spec".

I coul go on, but u get the idea......being MOSTLY mil gun company is not all bad at all, it's actually a win-win.
NFAtalk.org
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

Luckily the government pays $600 for a toilet seat. Too bad they don't turn around and offer the same product for a lot less for citizens.
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

JasonAAC wrote:
wragarand wrote:

www.metalmulisha.com/

Boo-yah.

VERY nice
All ya'll need now are Monster Trucks, I'm serious.
Rusty_Shackleford

Post by Rusty_Shackleford »

Holy hell. When a rifle (full auto M16) was signed out for duty (back in the day), you pretty much agreed to pay for the rifle if something happens to it. Granted, there are more ramifications more serious!!!!!!!!!!!!! if this happened, but back in the 80s we were told an M16 replacement cost (you are TOLD what that would be) was MUUUUUUUUUUUCH less than a civi could get it for. From my experience with SAMPLES, a LEO/MIL client gets equip. for FAAAAAAAAAR less than the civi market. Now. With that in mind...... Remington, a weapons (gun) company, anit-gun or anti civilian market company? Damn guys, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!

Do I really need to spell this out farther?
Remington KNOWS where they make a TON of money and they know a quality product (read company for those that can't read between the lines) when they BUY one. Kevin/AAC is a valued A S S E T and Remington KNOWS it or they would not have bought them out. Their product/business model/personnel are the reason Remington bought them out and the reason you can, IMNSHO believe what Kevin tells you. Get a grip and put away the tin foil on this one guys.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Cobra700 wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:
wragarand wrote:
VERY nice
Mers insn't going??? :lol:
Edited to say... you're right, minus MOST of the hippies.

And to be fair, Mers is more like a man in hippie disguise.
Kick Ass Design
Mr_Psmith
Silent But Deadly

Re: 2010 Silencer Shoot is Canceled.

Post by Mr_Psmith »

Any idea on month?

I am making my work schedule for next spring ASAP.