I used this guy for my SBR engraving...

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

I used this guy for my SBR engraving...

Post by BWPerdue »

and he did a great job on my 10/22 receiver.

http://www.nflgun.com/index.htm

He charged $30 plus $13 return shipping. I sent it from PA to FL on 4.21 and got it back today.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

pics!
Kick Ass Design
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: I used this guy for my SBR engraving...

Post by ick »

BWPerdue wrote:He charged $30 plus $13 return shipping. I sent it from PA to FL on 4.21 and got it back today.
Cha-CHING!

Crimey man... go to your local jeweler and get it done. I gave him specs, set up appointment, and it cost me ten bucks. Done whilst I was there so no issues.
-----
Ick
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

Huh.
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

You live in Cranberry Twp? Where do you shoot? Everybody that I want to take shooting that lives in the city I have to drag waaaaay up here in the mountains where there are a lot of ranges.

We couldn't find anything in or near Monroeville that allowed shooting. Where do you shoot?
-----
Ick
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

Thanks for the tip.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

By the way, when I took my SBR to the local jeweler.... I ended up adding a new "pro gun" voter to the rolls! He was indifferent about gun rights BEFORE we talked.

Nothing beats one-on-one interaction with people about gun rights. Much better than any NRA add campaign.

Take new shooters to the range.... often. It lays the foundation for the future gun ownership culture.

Oh, you should probably scrub your name from the picture.
-----
Ick
BWPerdue
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWPerdue »

I belong to Rochester Sportsmen's Club, west of Cranberry Twp. in Beaver County. Unfortunately, they are very strict about non-members, even as visitors. There are a bunch of clubs within 1/2 hour drive of me, though, so I might be looking to join elsewhere. There is also a public DNR range just south of Cranberry Twp.
1096369fred
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 1096369fred »

That is nice work, I am SBR'ing a M-1 Thompson and am looking for someone to do my engraving, and may give him the work. As a side question, Since this is going on a Title 1 weapon, is there any reason that I can't have my engraving done on the barrel, not the receiver? I have read different view points on this, and have not gotten a clear answer yet!

Thanks!
Fred