S-N-S .22 Tomcat-Walls,Missippi

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

faust357

S-N-S .22 Tomcat-Walls,Missippi

Post by faust357 »

I recently purchased one of these cans from my local dealer-it appeared well built,had K type baffles,and CAME APART. I picked it up today,am unable to get it apart,and my dealer says it is a sealed can. I opened this with my own hands,saw it with my own eyes-there is NO info on thr SNS website -anybody know if my dealer is wrong,or I am crazy?
[email protected]
Silent But Deadly

Post by [email protected] »

What is there website???
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Stupid, stupid NFA items.
Transformers0704
Silent But Deadly

Post by Transformers0704 »

few years back i have talked to dave smith owner of SNS shooting. i am impressed 22lr suppressor. :o

oh yeah tom cat is definitely sealed can. you can soak it in ATF fluid overnight to clean the lead out.
„Ç
GlockBuyer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GlockBuyer »

Makes no sense. Your "sealed" can was not sealed - until you picked it up? Did your Dealer add some loctite while your paperwork was approved? Where you shown a sample/demo-model?

My advice: slow down and think about what you are buying before you buy more. Ask for the specs in writing. I read an earlier thread where you tried to buy 2 Prodigy(s) at the same time from different dealers...........

Further Advice: buy from well known, reputable manufacturers and dealers. Never heard of a SNS Tomcat before this thread. They say they are "committed to service" - find out. If I wanted a 5.56 can, I'd pay a few more bucks for one of the more prominent suppressors from AAC or similar.

And if you haven't, spend $30 and join silencerresearch.com It's not perfect, but the info & opinions are worthwhile.

Worst case: you have a sealed can. So what? lots of cans are sealed and work well. If this can suppresses your shot, then shoot it and when you're done, dunk it into a bucket of Kroil or other suitable cleaners.
dirty D

Post by dirty D »

I think your tomcat should be a take apart can. I live close to the manf. And bought my first suppressor from them. I'll check with David to make sure this is correct and post again. SNS isn't well known, but from what I've seen they do build pretty good stuff.
dirty D

Post by dirty D »

I think your tomcat should be a take apart can. I live close to the manf. And bought my first suppressor from them. I'll check with David to make sure this is correct and post again. SNS isn't well known, but from what I've seen they do build pretty good stuff.
faust357

Post by faust357 »

The SNS Tomcat IS a take apart .22. this a monocore,with the back end cap unscrewing from the front endcap/monocore unit-. What caused the confusion lies in the design-the FRONT endcap has 2 holes for a spanner-if you don't hold on to the REAR endcap tightly,you sit,spin the spanner ,endlessly rotating the core and rear endcap.BTW,I hosed it down with CLP-shot 500 rounds out of my Ruger MK2-mousefart quiet with Federal bulkpack,add 5cc water,and you get into James Bond area suppression levels.Well made,a steal at $300,no change in point of impact..about 6 inches long,maybe 5 ounces-appears to be all aluminum- really nice can. Do wish the company would update their website-they offer NO specs on this can or online instruction manual,and no link to one on the website.You can make the best can in the universe,but the can with the best website wins,imho.
dirty D

Post by dirty D »

thats what i was thinking. ive been happy with my 22/45 integral from them but have been contemplating the tomcat for a bolt gun and s&w 2206. have you shot any other rimfire cans to compare it to? i havent gotten to play witha tomcat yet.