Integral Ruger or Integral Buckmark pistol?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: Integral Ruger or Integral Buckmark pistol?

Post by Diomed »

seattlite wrote:Looking at some TBA and YHM pictures, it seems that the YHM has the more simpler design and looks pretty easy to clean.
Unless my memory fails me, the YHM is a slant-baffled monocore, like the Mite. Which means it probably sounds about like a Mite on a Ruger, i.e., loud.
I can't find a good picture of a disassembled SRT. Anyone have any links?
SRTs are not user servicable. You can take the tube off the receiver and clean the expansion chamber, but that's all without voiding your warranty.
mtelkman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by mtelkman »

Diomed wrote:
seattlite wrote:Looking at some TBA and YHM pictures, it seems that the YHM has the more simpler design and looks pretty easy to clean.
Unless my memory fails me, the YHM is a slant-baffled monocore, like the Mite. Which means it probably sounds about like a Mite on a Ruger, i.e., loud.

Interesting. That is what it looks like to me as well.
winsor
Silent But Deadly

Post by winsor »

After changing from intregal to screw on monocore can. It is easier to clean and quieter than its bolt free drop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiirf2CZP0w
░░ in search ☼f the silence ░░ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ ִ n☼ hunting , n☼ killing , just plinking ☼ ☼☼