What cartridge will an AAC 762 SD handle?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: What cartridge will an AAC 762 SD handle?

Post by Selectedmarksman »

My valuable contribution to this thread:

I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
10mmPhil

Post by 10mmPhil »

1_ar_newbie wrote: 30.06 was out and now back in on 20" barrels or longer.
Thanks for the clarification on this.

I got to shoot my setup the other day. The 762SD really turns the beast into a pussy cat. Impressive!
NEF 30-06 #SB2S06 22" heavy barrel w/wo AAC 762SD
CallMeShooter

Post by CallMeShooter »

Here is my contribution to the thread; we own and shoot several AAC 7.62-SDs through many calibers. I understand that the SDs are only warranted with the .308, but we shoot ours on: 308, 30-06, 300 WBY and a few times on a 300 RUM Improved. The can is hearing safe shooting full house loads through a 30" barrel out of two different 300 WBY's, which is very impressive in my opinion. I also understand that suppressor life will be shortened when used on the larger calibers. I will add this, we slightly bulged the rear portion of one of the 762-SD's with the 300 RUM Improved using a 30" barrel and immedietely quit using te SD on that platform. We just use that can on the 308s now and still does a wonderful job. The large calibers we use the cans on are shot at long range only, so mobility is not a factor with the 30" barrels. Also have a couple of AAC 300-SD's on order and are very much looking forward to. Hope this helps.
Every knee will bow...