TiRant 9 vs Osprey 9 - youtube

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

wi75
Silent But Deadly

TiRant 9 vs Osprey 9 - youtube

Post by wi75 »

video'd some shots between the two... http://www.youtube.com/user/trader388#p/u

What we thought:

Dry FRP - Tirant has a very slight first round pop on SOME ammo others they are even steven.
Dry - on all ammo after the first rd pop the osprey seemed better.

Difference - we all agreed that the db is probably the same but the tone sounds better on the Osprey - One person commented that The Tirant is like a sharp "treble" and the osprey is a monotone more base sound. We all agreed that the best way to describe it was the tirant had a sharper crack while the osprey has a monotone crack. We all agreed we liked the osprey better because of this.

WET FRP - On some ammo the osprey was better FRP and others Tirant - but both were only by a slight margin.

WET - after the FRP the osprey really shined compared to the tirant. Again they were both great but the tirant had that sharpness to it's sound signature where the osprey did not. The wet quality of sound lasted longer with the osprey. We all liked the osprey better because of this.
Last edited by wi75 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Re: TiRant 9 vs Osprey 9 - youtube

Post by Fireman1291 »

F--k, and I bought a TiRant9 just to do this comparison with my existing Osprey9... :lol: O well, I bought the tirant for my G19 as my Osprey is married to my HK and I want a can for every gun in my safe :lol:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

I don't mean any disrespect, but did you realize you were firing in the direction of a moderately busy road less than a quarter mile away?
ΜΟΛΩÎ
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

What will you say if and when you have to use your CCW in self defense? I am not going to fire because there are people with in 1,320 feet of the bad guy (target) you are shooting at?
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

What will you say if and when you have to use your CCW in self defense? I am not going to fire because there are people with in 1,320 feet of the bad guy (target) you are shooting at?
How is this justification for an event where your life is not in danger? That is like saying I won't wear my seatbelt because in an emergency I may not have time to put it on.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Higher pitch sounds fade more quickly.

It may sound less pleasant up close, but stand 20-30 paces away from the two when someone else is shooting, and see how each one sounds from distance.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
JPratt06
Silent But Deadly

Post by JPratt06 »

wi75 wrote:What will you say if and when you have to use your CCW in self defense? I am not going to fire because there are people with in 1,320 feet of the bad guy (target) you are shooting at?
If my life is in immediate danger, then the benefits of breaking traditional rules of gun safety obviously outweigh the costs.

Are you suggesting that in your situation extenuating circumstances justified your disregard for traditional rules of gun safety? If so, I'd be interested to hear what they were. It didn't appear to me that your life was in danger. To the contrary, it looked like you were screwing around with a buddy, dual wielding pistols in the direction of other people less than a quarter mile away.
ΜΟΛΩÎ
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

good thing I am a good shot then. Further it's good that I am shooting DOWN and into some giant freakin stumps. Also good that there is a ton of bricks etc in that shed. Would I shoot anything more powerful...NO.
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

oh...ok since your life is in danger then it's ok to have bystanders at risk within your 1/4 mile?

IMO it's not. It's not about risks. It's about hitting the target with every bullet and knowing what your bullets will do once they do hit that target. There is no excuse taking calculated risks of well my life is in danger so I am going to start firing.
JPratt06 wrote:
wi75 wrote:What will you say if and when you have to use your CCW in self defense? I am not going to fire because there are people with in 1,320 feet of the bad guy (target) you are shooting at?
If my life is in immediate danger, then the benefits of breaking traditional rules of gun safety obviously outweigh the costs.

Are you suggesting that in your situation extenuating circumstances justified your disregard for traditional rules of gun safety? If so, I'd be interested to hear what they were. It didn't appear to me that your life was in danger. To the contrary, it looked like you were screwing around with a buddy, dual wielding pistols in the direction of other people less than a quarter mile away.
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

Not sure what the big deal is? Clearly he had already tactically deployed his ballistic tool shed put together by himself & cousin Cletus. I say 9mm next to the highway what could go wrong? Also that wasn't a FAMILY VAN in the background but an armored personnel carrier again tactically diguised as a civilain unit. What were those winds 10-15 mph saw them pushing those trees around a little. But 100% safe I am sure. :cry:

Also just me or was he shooting as far to his right as possible, not strait at the shed incase of a flyer or unforeseen accident?
Not to jump your ass(as if you really care) to much, but just not the smarterst set-ups I have seen. Not sure of local laws but I believe you also just posted a video that could violate several local and state laws.

But nice video champ
wi75
Silent But Deadly

Post by wi75 »

screw this.
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

haha awesome thread :twisted: full of win and entertainment :mrgreen:
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
telsonman

Post by telsonman »

Where are the links to the vids?

Such much about comparing cans. Everyone seems more occupied preaching about safety. Stick with the original post fellas. I hope people bitching about safety don't go overseas, because there are safety violations all over the place.
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

Watch out people the safety NAZI's are out!!! Watch that finger control!!!

CSF
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

link to his page http://www.youtube.com/user/trader388#p/u

Sorry but if you are firing toward the highway you are a F--k stick, why not shoot at his own house towards his back since he is so confident with his shots instead of an occupied highway. I say quit shooting towards moving traffic and start playing William Tell with your kids.

Thanks for your time,
Mr.Nazi
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Failing hunter safety might have something to do with it
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

kapkanimd wrote:haha awesome thread :twisted: full of win and entertainment :mrgreen:
+1

It is a special treat because the suppressor critique and the range setup are the product of a collective intelligence not just one mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

1mobum wrote:link to his page http://www.youtube.com/user/trader388#p/u

Sorry but if you are firing toward the highway you are a F--k stick, why not shoot at his own house towards his back since he is so confident with his shots instead of an occupied highway. I say quit shooting towards moving traffic and start playing William Tell with your kids.

Thanks for your time,
Mr.Nazi
Wow always impressed with the balls people have while on the internet. Since you were obviously there I guess you can explain every aspect of distance, angle, where the bullets are going and the violations that were going on. I guess I should just sit back and let you educate me on what you think was right or wrong on that video, you know since you were there. Hey I have a copy of the Kennedy assassination maybe you can let me know how the trigger finger control was on the guy the grassy knoll was. Also great job on controlling your anger and lashing out by using colorful metaphors. Classy!!

CSF
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

I'm just glad I bought a Osprey now!

CSF
kapkanimd
Silent But Deadly

Post by kapkanimd »

csfirearms wrote:I'm just glad I bought a Osprey now!

CSF
well I am glad the opinion of the OP has sanctified your decision.....

he has definitely proven himself :cry:
AAC SPR/M4, AAC TiRant .45, AAC Prodigy, AAC Cyclone
many, many more to come
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

kapkanimd wrote:

CSF

I give the guy props for filming the two together and giving his opinion. I like how independent people do videos to help individuals in picking cans that they might never hear in person, I also know that sound on videos are misleading but that does not stop me from watching and hearing the opinions of individuals not working for the makers. During that video all I did was crank up the sound, who cares whats going on in the background. If he did hit someone I doubt you would ever know, it would be evidence in a trial!!!! Then some internet hall monitor has to come in and start slamming everything about it so the OP has to take it down. Now we lose that extra bit of information in decision making. I could care less where or how it was done, I don't care if the Pope was wearing a latex outfit with his wiener tucked under bouncing around in the background while tweaking his nipples. I'm here for silencer info, if you want to critique ninja safety rules go to ARF.

CSF
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

+ motherfucking 1
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

I'm here for silencer info, if you want to critique ninja safety rules go to ARF.
Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

I do not care where you are. This is one of the basic rules of firearm safety. Without adhering to these basic rules religiously, accidents can and will happen. Everyone is a safety officer. There really is not an argument here.
Silverado2500hd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Silverado2500hd »

csfirearms wrote:
kapkanimd wrote:

CSF

I give the guy props for filming the two together and giving his opinion. I like how independent people do videos to help individuals in picking cans that they might never hear in person, I also know that sound on videos are misleading but that does not stop me from watching and hearing the opinions of individuals not working for the makers. During that video all I did was crank up the sound, who cares whats going on in the background. If he did hit someone I doubt you would ever know, it would be evidence in a trial!!!! Then some internet hall monitor has to come in and start slamming everything about it so the OP has to take it down. Now we lose that extra bit of information in decision making. I could care less where or how it was done, I don't care if the Pope was wearing a latex outfit with his wiener tucked under bouncing around in the background while tweaking his nipples. I'm here for silencer info, if you want to critique ninja safety rules go to ARF.

CSF

+1

People need to chill the F--k out!
1mobum
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1mobum »

I still stand behind everything I said. Sure it is not hard to keep a grouping into a target from 20ft away. Sure it is not the most dangerous situation I have ever seen or been in. Just not the best image to portray what could be considered negligent discharge. I am not here to s--t on anyones parade. This is why I reposted videos not to be a dick but to post the videos op had. Forigve me I am catholic you know how we roll.

A few have taken my words to heart, I apologize never knew anyone gave a true s--t about my opinion. :lol:
But really to compare self defense shooting to wreckless fun it takes a jury to decide not myself.

Thanks for coming out folks