Best .40 Can

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Silent_Knight

Best .40 Can

Post by Silent_Knight »

I tried a search and came up with nothin, so I thought I would make a quick post. I have a S&W M&P .40 and a Walther P99 in .40 and I am looking into a .40 caliber suppressor. What is the best .40 can for the money on the market today? I have a M4-2000 for my AR and I love AAC and I've been looking at the Evolution, I just wanted to know what other options are out there. What do you guys think??
dtgman227
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Best .40 Can

Post by dtgman227 »

Silent_Knight wrote:I tried a search and came up with nothin, so I thought I would make a quick post. I have a S&W M&P .40 and a Walther P99 in .40 and I am looking into a .40 caliber suppressor. What is the best .40 can for the money on the market today? I have a M4-2000 for my AR and I love AAC and I've been looking at the Evolution, I just wanted to know what other options are out there. What do you guys think??
I would get an Osprey in .40, or .45.
chase
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase »

Osprey 40, definitely. The Major should have them in stock. I have a YHM Cobra M1 (it's very loud dry and shooting wet is annoying) and am upgrading to an Osprey 40 for my HK USP40 Tactical. I hope to have my stamp back sometime in September.
Chase

suppressortools.com
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Yes I'd definately go with a .45 can that you can mount on both your .40 and then later .45 if you choose..The bullet doesn't seal in the gases and blast like many think.
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

I would be shocked if there's a better .40 can out there than the Osprey.

If there is, please share.
Cira
Silent Operator

Post by Cira »

Osprey .45 and now you have a good excuse to buy a new .45 handgun also.
skydiver41

Post by skydiver41 »

Will an Osprey .45 handle the pressure of a .40?
dtgman227
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dtgman227 »

skydiver41 wrote:Will an Osprey .45 handle the pressure of a .40?
Yep, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQfq8ab-nn4.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Hmm..Has me thinking about the 45 Osprey now..Notice..cough..hack..cough..40 and 9 will sound just fine through it.. :lol:

Who was that fella again that got all upset about multi caliber shooting? Its like indexing the engraving on the cans for display at the shows..It would be a good marketing idea to stamp various calibers on the can so those guys feel better about it.."Multi" seem to even irritate the ATF so just list 9 through 45 and be done with it..then again you would probably lose sales on those that need that caliber listed thats on their gun..

Then again we need morons..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Chondro wrote:"Multi" seem to even irritate the ATF so just list 9 through 45 and be done with it..
"Multi" is fine for non-NFA firearms. If a manufacturer wanted to mark more than one caliber on a silencer they'd need a marking variance (or mark them anyway and call the extra numbers decoration).