Lost ATF form 4s

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Lost ATF form 4s

Post by Mark_H »

So I picked up 3 of my silencers back in May and have been waiting for the other 4 to clear. All the paper work was sent at the same time. I called today to find out that all the paper work did get sent out the same day. I called the dealer and they don't have my other 4 forms. So I waited 3 months for nothing. Moral of the story is call the ATF when things don't add up.

So now I'm missing 4 stamps. Its been more then 30 days so the ATF guy said I could ask for copies, I just have to mail them a request. Why this could not be done over the phone I don't know. What all do I need to say? Name, address, phone, make, model and Serial numbers? Am I forgetting anything? I just want to make sure I have this right before I mail off the request.

Has anyone else had this happen? How did it go?
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Lost ATF form 4s

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Similar.

I had sent every transfer, on a trust of course, without my schedule A.....well now my examiner wants it. Ok.

How did I find out? b/c I call. This is why I'm an advocate of calling and getting and update........had I not called,he was palnning on sending me a letter explaining he needed this and then I would have had to send it in........instead, I called,tlaked to him, he told me to fax it, my wife faxed it. Done.

A
B
C

Always
Be
Calling

!

coffe is for closers!!!!!!!
NFAtalk.org
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

I had one lost and found out by calling. After they told me it was approved and I didn't get it in 30 days I called the examiner (Shipman). He kept me on hold, confirmed with my dealer on another line, came back to me and processed the copy while I was on the phone.

After a reasonable amount of time, call.
Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:Similar.

I had sent every transfer, on a trust of course, without my schedule A.....well now my examiner wants it. Ok.

How did I find out? b/c I call. This is why I'm an advocate of calling and getting and update........had I not called,he was palnning on sending me a letter explaining he needed this and then I would have had to send it in........instead, I called,tlaked to him, he told me to fax it, my wife faxed it. Done.

A
B
C

Always
Be
Calling

!

coffe is for closers!!!!!!!
Yeah, so how does this help ME? If I say I learned to call, you tell me I should have called is really useless and just a waste of everyones time. Lets just restate what everyone says in their post so we get a higher post count.
Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

Does anyone have anything useful to add to this? Like what information the ATF is looking for when asking for a copy? I don't mean to be a dick but I get tired of looking for help on forums only to find useless comments. Not just on this forum but all over the internet. The only time you get help is when you start a flame war. Anyone who is a long time reader of this site knows what i'm talking about.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Step #1: Dial this number 1-304-616-4500

Step#2 Ask to speak to your examiner

Step#3: Explain that you are aware that you need to ask for a copy of your Form 4 via mail, Ask this question, " What info do you need exactly to process my request?"

Step#4: Write down what he/she tells you

Step#5 Type up a letter with answers to questions in Step #4

Step#6 Wait.
NFAtalk.org
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Step 6 is recursive. :?
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Any of you guys know how to stop a form 4? I don't want a refund..they can just apply it to my next Form..My Examiner left a message that really confused me..

I had left a message about stopping it and then the return call was if its a signoff vs trust what to do if you need a refund....Bottom line can't use the can..Don't want to screw up anything else..I got some addy to write to but hell if I could make that out in the message..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Chondro wrote:...My Examiner left a message that really confused me...
Your examiner returned a call? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

seriously their all awesome dude..Well most of them anyway.. :lol:

See this is why they don't get s--t done..But I'm stuck with 900 bucks I can't use if I don't stop this one..did say F--k it and was going to leave it go..but thats a chunk of change...

Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Okay, I'll bite ... what can did you buy and submit a form 4 on that don't want or can't use?
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Long story..The 41 barrel that came with the scarrab work great together..There fine..Had an adapter made and with my Kodiak its shooting to the right..Its the way it was threaded..Those two were made for each other..Nothing can be done except to redo the barrel and then the scarrab is useless..So just gonna get rid of that and get a new barrel or use my existing one and start over so I can throw the Essence on it..

I'm the Kodiak super fan..Don't want a sealed can.. :shock: The local guys around here are lucky if they shoot 100 rounds a year in their cans..So they are good to go..Just let my dealer sell it to one of them..Odd thing though is my dealers scarrab has thousands of rounds of full auto through it and it looks brand new..But he always shoots in simple green and rinses it out and then uses an air compressor after each session..can't argue with his results..

Sucks because that was the coolest setup I've ever seen..But a 41 is for tack shooting..

Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

Chondro wrote:Long story..The 41 barrel that came with the scarrab work great together..There fine..Had an adapter made and with my Kodiak its shooting to the right..Its the way it was threaded..Those two were made for each other..Nothing can be done except to redo the barrel and then the scarrab is useless..So just gonna get rid of that and get a new barrel or use my existing one and start over so I can throw the Essence on it..
Those all stainless AAC Scarabs are really nice. I hadn't considered using mine on the S&W Model 41 but, Adco or Tornado Tech. might be able to thread it. Hmmm ....

Did it need extra tall sights?
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

Mark_H

I went through the same thing a couple months ago. I had 5 form 4s approved but only 4 came back to my dealer. After calling I was told to wait 30 days and send in a written request for a copy. Here is a copy of what I wrote.

To whom it may concern,

My name is XXXXXXXXXX, William Shipman approved five form 4’s for me back on 6/10/10. My dealer (XXXXXXX) received 4 of the tax stamps on 6/24/10. They never received the stamp for the Trident-9 suppressor that was approved. The serial number for the suppressor is XXXXXXX. I’m not sure if it was lost in the mail or if there was a mix up and it was never sent.

I was told that after 30 days I should send a letter letting you know it wasn’t received so you could look into it and send a copy so I could pick up my suppressor from the dealer.

If you need to contact me for any reason, here is my info.

Name
Address

Phone number
Email address

Here is the info for my dealer.

Dealer name
address

Phone number
Email address

Thank you,
XXXXXXXXXX

I was sent a copy to my home address and one was sent to the dealer. They don't put a new stamp on it though, it's only a copy with their seal stamped at the bottom and a signature next to it in blue ink.

Hope this helps.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Sid Post wrote:
Chondro wrote:Long story..The 41 barrel that came with the scarrab work great together..There fine..Had an adapter made and with my Kodiak its shooting to the right..Its the way it was threaded..Those two were made for each other..Nothing can be done except to redo the barrel and then the scarrab is useless..So just gonna get rid of that and get a new barrel or use my existing one and start over so I can throw the Essence on it..
Those all stainless AAC Scarabs are really nice. I hadn't considered using mine on the S&W Model 41 but, Adco or Tornado Tech. might be able to thread it. Hmmm ....

Did it need extra tall sights?
Nope..Here are some pics..

A video I did of it..you can see why I'm bummed..
I talked about this in a few other posts..how it was even done etc....Dave told me it was cut by a laser and the a thread insert was press fit onto it with rocksett..problem is it was sqeezed on to tight..pinched the barrel..Then the Scarab must have been made around it..Best sounding host I've ever heard..even over a p-22..
I'm just gonna send Liberty one of the new barrels or the original..problem is its 7 inches..probably best to just buy another 5 incher..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQL3pJsLY4

Mark_H
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mark_H »

Thank you everyone! I sent off the request and am hoping to have the cans in my hand in the next 2 weeks or less :D