Noveske Backpack

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

kaotic504
Silent But Deadly

Re: Noveske Backpack

Post by kaotic504 »

auto10mm wrote:I have a 10.5 LMT with a CTR stock that fits, although barely
hmm... what kind of flash hider do you have?

i have the 10.5" Basic Noveske w/ the Flaming Pig and an LMT Sopmod stock, and there's no way i'm getting it to fit in there. although, i think it will fit if i removed the flash hider.
auto10mm
Silent Operator

Post by auto10mm »

A2, it's snug
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

any word on availability???
userids

Post by userids »

Last edited by userids on Sat May 28, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

I got mine about 3 weeks ago. It's so frickin sweet. Mine is darker then the one in the pic. Looks better IMO, still discreet. My 8.5" AR fits with about an inch to spare. It has a Blackout and a Magpul UBR stock.
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

stevejobs wrote:
fstbk65 wrote:I have the 511 select carry and really like it and it's fast to draw a weapon out of. You don't have to take it off
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/ ... 05/I/58603

Check out the video
That is a sweet bag. Can you carry an AR in it? What barrel length?
A 7.5" gun with an A2 will just fit, but that was getting a little tight.

What it really works well with is a true SMG folder, like an MP5-A3 or an Uzi.

A 10.5" or longer upper will obviously not work, as the buttstock will hang out the bottom. However, I've tried putting an 11.5" upper on a pistol lower. The buffer tube sticks out the bottom, but isn't obviously a gun. I've thought that if I were to try this in public, I could wrap it in tennis racket grip tape to disguise it a bit better.

Also, a 16" gun will fit, broken down.

To answer someone else's question, you can fit a full-sized Glock in the front compartment. It also comes off and doubles as a fanny-pack, if you're so inclined. I don't know that you could get a rail-mounted flashlight in there with the gun, though. Put a light on your subgun in the back.

Construction is good. It has a wide padded shoulder strap. I used mine a couple of years ago at Knob Creek to pack my Uzi and a ton of ammo around for the subgun match. It held up just fine, where a Walmart backpack would have been popping stitches before I was done. It seems to have been designed with actual use in mind. For the price, you would hope to get some quality. They seem to have succeeded here.

And to keep this thread on-topic, I just ordered the Noveske backpack too. I've been needing a backpack anyway.

That, or I'm just a sucker for tacticool stuff that doesn't look tacticool. :?
Waveman
Silent Operator

Post by Waveman »

Just got mine. Noveske quality, and a great way to carry your rifle discreetly. Still sorting out the best configuration for mags and other things. Quit using my rifle case.
stevejobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by stevejobs »

Waveman wrote:Just got mine. Noveske quality, and a great way to carry your rifle discreetly. Still sorting out the best configuration for mags and other things. Quit using my rifle case.
There are really 3 compartments to this pack. I put all rifle related stuff in the main compartment so I can see everything at once. The MOLLE straps in there allow you to suspend mags and silencer pouches where you want them.

The main outside pouch, which can be made tiny or huge, is for supplemental gear like clothes, food, etc. The contents of this compartment are the only thing that changes depending on what I need to bring.

The small outside pocket at the bottom has select first aid / survival items so I can get to them quick without opening any other part of the pack.

That's how I did mine anyway. It makes the weapon and first aid areas unchanged, so I know what is in there and how it is arranged.
fugitive

Post by fugitive »

Great idea and much easier to yank out than the SBR PS90 I have in a puma raquet case. Had in lined with a very slick rubber. Cheesy but this NOVESKE pack is much cooler.
BUSTING MY ASS TO SAVE YOURS.
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

kaotic504 wrote:
auto10mm wrote:I have a 10.5 LMT with a CTR stock that fits, although barely
hmm... what kind of flash hider do you have?

i have the 10.5" Basic Noveske w/ the Flaming Pig and an LMT Sopmod stock, and there's no way i'm getting it to fit in there. although, i think it will fit if i removed the flash hider.
My Noveske backpack just showed up the other day. Overall impressions are very good. The main compartment is larger (deeper) than I had thought it would be, which is just fine. I like how it has a moveable muzzle cup that the barrel sits in, which keeps the gun from moving around while in the pack.

I can fit my 11.5" pistol in the backpack and just get the zipper to close. It's just got a standard A2 flash hider. I'll have to wait until I'm out of state so I can visit my SBRs to tell for sure, but due to the shape of the thing, I'm thinking a collapsed buttstock will fit in there as well.

Also nice, I can fit the Uzi or M11/9 with a solid buttstock in the backpack. I had to use the folder for the 5.11 bag. Either that, or if I put the folding stocks on, I could fit either subgun in the backpack with a suppressor attached.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Just got a Select Carry. Looks well made.

I should make a 6 inch 300 BLK for it. Or just an MP7.
CandiceJohnston

Post by CandiceJohnston »

Hi brother, apologies for hooking up so late to reply.

i just bought this noveske rifle very recently and i'm finding difficulty in carrying it on daily basis. As it's been some years since you guys are making use of it can any one suggest which backpack is suitable for it.

moreover, I tried to find on some websites such as mentioned below.
www.walmart.com/
www.amazon.com/
www.topantitheftbackpack.com
www.costco.com
www.homedepot.com

Not able to take any decision on this without any proper advice.
Waiting for your input.

Thanks in advance :)