will this form 4 reason get sent back??

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

mob
Silent Operator

will this form 4 reason get sent back??

Post by mob »

hey guys , about to send out my form 4 for my thompson machine zepher XL supressor, i was thinking about putting on the reason for owning "what would jesus shoot" and was wondering if the ATF would kick it back for any reason, my other one i wanted to put was "Zombie Apocalypse"
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Re: will this form 4 reason get sent back??

Post by Chondro »

Whats the last letter of your dealers name? If it won't end up with one of my examiners then just put down both..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

:lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

zombies has been used before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
wragarand
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wragarand »

Zombies or What Would Jesus Shoot may be cute, but what's the point other than to try and impress forum members?

Why would you want to put something stupid down that has the possibility of adding even more time to a lengthy process as is? Not to mention the possibility of it getting rejected.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Your first suggestion is not an answer or response. It is a question. Although Jesus often answered questions with another question, you are not Jesus. Since 35% of forms submitted contain time-wasting errors and slow up the process for everyone, I would suggest not doing this. Just put "collection" or whatever legitimate reason is applicable for your state.
jackson
Silent But Deadly

Post by jackson »

sound,s childish.think about it Jesus would not shoot any one as a matter of fact he died for you.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I never would have thought a few words on a form could inspire such hate.

Maybe you should go with "Jesus told me to sell my robe and buy one"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

I would recommend not doing it, but it's your form. I strayed from the "any and all legal purposes", one time. It added a couple months to my approval, the examiner wasn't impressed. Instead of the normal 3 month wait at the time. It took over 5 months, one of those I'm gonna teach this one a lesson things I think. Just sayin,,, :?
deadpan

Post by deadpan »

There is no defined requirement to fill out Line 15 on the Form 4 for a silencer. Why don't you try signing and dating the bottom part of the box, but not filling in your name or a reason at the top?
Elessar
Silent Operator

Post by Elessar »

I would humbly request that people not use the NFA forms or process to make jokes, etc. It seems prudent to avoid anything that might invite additional scrutiny, regulations, rulings, or changes to the law. Just my two cents
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

[quote="deadpan"]There is no defined requirement to fill out Line 15 on the Form 4 for a silencer./quote]

+1

Just leave it blank.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

I believe the Zombie line got rejected recently .. They are cracking down on goofing around.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Gavin S.
Silent Operator

Post by Gavin S. »

I'm new at the NFA firearms game, but I cannot imagine ever feeling comfortable enough to crack wise on a form 4. I wouldn't want to do anything that might prolong the wait.
Dan
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dan »

I have never had the desire to show my forms to anyone else.
Deathray
Silent But Deadly

Post by Deathray »

I got a stern "It was funny, but my boss told me to tell you not to joke around on official paperwork" from Mr. Ashton for this one:

But I got it.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Man you take really nice pictures.. :D
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
Historian
Silent But Deadly

Post by Historian »

mob wrote:hey guys , about to send out my form 4 for my thompson machine zepher XL supressor, i was thinking about putting on the reason for owning "what would jesus shoot" and was wondering if the ATF would kick it back for any reason, my other one i wanted to put was "Zombie Apocalypse"
You show a sense of humor and a degree of intelligence to check with the gray beards on this
forum before possibly indulging in an act that might cause you bureaucratic harm, rub an official the wrong way,
and create animus towards the majority of folks who are trying to follow the legal strictures in obtaining permission in what the general
public might look askance at.

Said in another, more direct way, which I astutely try to avoid doing: Do Not F&$K Around on Federal Forms.

Does it come to mind that a similar injudicious jocularity during a security background interview caused the conscientious evaluator
to perform an act of unnatural juxtaposition on the incipient writer for Jay Leno, causing the Captain
to attend more Passovers than a Rabbi while counting penguin guano on a small atoll.

Compliments are heartily due the ATF agent and his superior for being classy and overlooking that harmless yet puerile
filling out of that form which was given as an example.

Sorry for the venting but do not cause pain for the community.

Best wishes and speedy turnaround time.
Rusty_Shackleford

Post by Rusty_Shackleford »

I just had "All legal purposes allowed under state and federal statutes" REJECTED. You do the math on something STUPID......
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Rusty_Shackleford wrote:I just had "All legal purposes allowed under state and federal statutes" REJECTED. You do the math on something STUPID......
Did they give you a reason why that was rejected? And which examiner rejected it? Pretty sure that's what my form 4 has written on it... :shock:
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

This has always worked well for me:
"RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, EXPERIMENTATION, INVESTMENT, NOISE REDUCTION, AND ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES"
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
CKOD
Silent But Deadly

Post by CKOD »

Rusty_Shackleford wrote:I just had "All legal purposes allowed under state and federal statutes" REJECTED. You do the math on something STUPID......
What state are you in? Dont some states require something about R+D to be included in the justification?
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Was it rejected for the reason for issue? Or just rejected. Maybe something else was wrong???

All mine have "All lawful purposes" seems R&D is a lawful purpose. I suspect it is something else or something state specific.
Last edited by JohnInNH on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
lostwasthechild
Silent But Deadly

Post by lostwasthechild »

Rusty and I are NC residents. Trying to do NFA in North Carolina can be a severe headache sometimes. I've been rejected for "All Lawful Purposes" and had to change it to "For Research and Development and All Lawful Purposes." Then word got around that statement wasn't foolproof, so the standard recommendation for NC is "For Research, Development, and All lawful Purposes under NC statue NC GS 14-288.8." I've got 4 Form 4's in various phases of the process, so we'll see how it goes.
dflicker

Post by dflicker »

Imagine the position you would be in if you were involved in a shooting, your Form 4 was submitted as evidence and your smart-ass remark was presented to a jury. It would not help your case.
http://forum.lwrci.com/newforum/