liberty freedom?

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

liberty freedom?

Post by saltydecimator »

needing a 308 can. dont wanna deal with running down 18t crap. so aac is outta the picture at the moment. is the liberty freedom auto rated?
its quiet time!
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: liberty freedom?

Post by chrismartin »

For me, it's between the Freedom and the Cyclone right now.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

I got the Torch..In order for it to be full auto rated Dave made the blast baffle out of Inconel 715..Not 625 like some of those other guys use.. :evil:
So what are you going to shoot full auto in 308? Had Dave send me a piece of Inconel 715..Its an odd metal..
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

saltydecimator wrote:needing a 308 can. dont wanna deal with running down 18t crap. so aac is outta the picture at the moment. is the liberty freedom auto rated?
Why is AAC out of the picture for running down 18T parts? If you buy a 762-SD (or even a 762-SDN-6 when available), they are both 51T and so there are tons of mount options out there.
Kick Ass Design
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I was at the Liberty site and noticed the db of the Torch to be 39 reduction!

Is this a missprint?
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Nope.. :P Check out Nfatalk.org for the metering numbers..Got mine in sequential serial numbers with the steel Kodiak and Essence..Mine is going on a 24'' AR so its gonna sound really good.. :D

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

JasonAAC wrote:
saltydecimator wrote:needing a 308 can. dont wanna deal with running down 18t crap. so aac is outta the picture at the moment. is the liberty freedom auto rated?
Why is AAC out of the picture for running down 18T parts? If you buy a 762-SD (or even a 762-SDN-6 when available), they are both 51T and so there are tons of mount options out there.
because i need a 9/16-24 rh mount, and yall dont make the 51t in that if i am correct. at least i couldnt find it in the drop down menus on your site

i would love to deal with the sdn stuff, but i might be late to that party. short on cash, dont have a rem 700 or an extra $400(!) for just a barrel (ar15) for the blackout. dont get me wrong, i jizzed in my pants right now thinking about it, but its outta my league at the moment.

tell ya what :!: , you recore my gen 1 evo9 and i will think about it :lol: :?: :!:
its quiet time!
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

SRM wrote:I was at the Liberty site and noticed the db of the Torch to be 39 reduction!

Is this a missprint?
ya opss inc says hte same thing, but it might be like 100 ft infront of the shooter, which dont mean dick when i am worried about what it sounds at my ear.

chondro, i want 30 cal so its more versatile. auto 308 would be fun, maybe a lilttle hk53(?) action?!
its quiet time!
BigDave@SMDW,LLC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigDave@SMDW,LLC »

SRM wrote:I was at the Liberty site and noticed the db of the Torch to be 39 reduction!

Is this a missprint?
Actually, this is a misprint, it is supposed to be 35dB not 39..... MY proofreading foo is off from time to time and I miss one. We try to print numbers that match what the independent testers get. I think this happened when we was updating some of the rimfire data because that is closer to what they are doing....

We will get that fixed ASAP, thanks for the catch on that one.

Dave
http://www.libertycans.net

Dean of "LSU" Liberty Suppressors Underground
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

saltydecimator wrote: tell ya what :!: , you recore my gen 1 evo9 and i will think about it :lol: :?: :!:
OUCH! :shock:
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Woops my mathmatical abilitly seems to be lacking..Thought I had that figured out all right..Well a few of those shots are at 39.. :lol:

Silverado2500hd
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Silverado2500hd »

Are all fredoms 30 cal? if not are these numbers on a 308 or 5.56? and finally one last question! is this the one with the square bore?
BigDave@SMDW,LLC
Silent But Deadly

Post by BigDave@SMDW,LLC »

Silverado2500hd wrote:Are all fredoms 30 cal? if not are these numbers on a 308 or 5.56? and finally one last question! is this the one with the square bore?

We do make them in various smaller bore calibers other than 30cal.

The one in the tests is a 308 WIN version and we was using Federal Factory ammo

Yep, it has the square bore in it ;)

Thanks for asking!!!!

Dave

Edited to add: We fixed t he error on the webpage too.
http://www.libertycans.net

Dean of "LSU" Liberty Suppressors Underground
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

JohnInNH wrote:
saltydecimator wrote: tell ya what :!: , you recore my gen 1 evo9 and i will think about it :lol: :?: :!:
OUCH! :shock:

not sure how many cans htey are sellin, but my opnion is that everyone is broke dick in this country right now, and maybe this would be a good promotion, maybe get some people back on aacs side. it was worth a shot..... :lol:
its quiet time!
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Silverado2500hd wrote:Are all fredoms 30 cal? if not are these numbers on a 308 or 5.56? and finally one last question! is this the one with the square bore?
The data on NFATalk.org uses the 762 version shooting both 556 and 762, pretty good numbers on both of them.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

saltydecimator wrote:

Is this a missprint?
ya opss inc says hte same thing, but it might be like 100 ft infront of the shooter, which dont mean dick when i am worried about what it sounds at my ear.

chondro, i want 30 cal so its more versatile. auto 308 would be fun, maybe a lilttle hk53(?) action?!
Elite Iron posts realy good #`s olso, but no vids.(look at the altitude). From everything I`ve watched Liberty is all millspeck. Too many posts with a indipendant (Arevelo) to be BS.

Time to sell the 7mm, I think a titanium torch would be BAD ASS!!!! for a bolt gun.
Last edited by SRM on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Hey, somebody buy my rifle! Winchester, McMillan stock bedded, & Burris rings already lapped. :shock: :wink:
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

so is the freedom auto rated? in 556 probably? or 308 hell why not. found some guy sellin one in ct for 600

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 8&t=817664

sounds like a good price ya?
its quiet time!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Yeah thats a kick ass price..I don't think it would be full auto rated..In the case of my Torch I wanted it full auto rated and they stick in a piece of Iconel in the blast baffle..Its expensive and takes a few hours work..I had Dave send me a piece..Freaky metal..
I'd double check to be sure..Seems to me the thought was more of a bench Can..

What you shooting 308 in full auto? :twisted:

yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

There is a group buy on snipershide for the freedom if any one is interested.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I saw that group buy deal, but when I check the Liberty site I don't even see a mag version of the Freedom...or anything about QD.

Strange, sounds interesting though!
Queso Grande
Silent But Deadly

Post by Queso Grande »

JasonAAC wrote:

Is an upgrade available for people that have 18T and want 51T ?
Sometimes your the pigeon and sometimes your the statue.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Queso Grande wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:

Is an upgrade available for people that have 18T and want 51T ?
No, sorry. I don't know if we can still do the old upgrade program, but it would take a new stamp/transfer either way.

That said, there are currently 18T- 556 Flash Hiders, 762 Flash Hiders, 556 muzzle brakes, and 762 muzzle brakes available.
Kick Ass Design
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

I'm behind on these 18/51T things, what exactly are they and how does it work? I see it mentioned on the site, but don't see a picture (or maybe I do and just don't know it) or explanation.

Thanks!

Never mind, I just found a nice PDF on Google explaining it with some pretty pictures. Nifty!
Queso Grande
Silent But Deadly

Post by Queso Grande »

I don't see the 5.56 muzzle brakes on the web site in the 18T ?
Sometimes your the pigeon and sometimes your the statue.