New Smith and Wesson M&P's

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Smith and Wesson M&P's

Post by Wahnsinn »

sportingarms.com has them listed at $539 for the 9mm
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Chondro wrote:Damnit they make a tan one!? I always get stuck with everything black..

Looks like its going to work out for you real good..
You know, I don't think they do a 9mm in tan. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they don't. So no issue for you.

The more I look at it, I think I'm safe to chop and re-thread this. I did get a letter from S&W today saying my barrel is on backorder (of course). So it's not like I'm in a rush to figure this out.
Nighthawk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nighthawk »

I got my barrel today from beye and it looks great and functioned perfectly on my M&P 9mm with a Trident 9. This was my first time hearing an M&P suppressed and it makes a really nice host.

beye, thanks for the low price and fast shipping. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson
beye
Industry Professional

Post by beye »

Nighthawk wrote:I got my barrel today from beye and it looks great and functioned perfectly on my M&P 9mm with a Trident 9. This was my first time hearing an M&P suppressed and it makes a really nice host.

beye, thanks for the low price and fast shipping. It was a pleasure doing business with you.
No problem. Thanks for the business!
Jeremy Powell
Bulls-Eye Indoor Range & Gun Shop
221 W Crogan Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Phone: (770) 963-6556
http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com

E-Mail: [email protected]
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

.5 x 28 is completely unacceptable for a factory threaded 9mm pistol made in the modern year of 2010.

This stuff could fly in 1988, not anymore.

Douches.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

scottryan wrote:.5 x 28 is completely unacceptable for a factory threaded 9mm pistol made in the modern year of 2010.

Douches.
Um.... Right... Because 1/2x28 ISN'T the most common thread for 9mm cans.... Oh wait... Yes, it is.

I agree, that 1/2x28 should be soley for .22 sized projectiles, and preferably only for rimfire sizes. But it is what it is. HK did the MP5 in 1/2x32 iirc, but it obviously never took.

I hardly call them douches because they worked within the limitation present. If they would have done x32 or whatever, there would be tons of people complaining.
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

scottryan wrote:.5 x 28 is completely unacceptable for a factory threaded 9mm pistol made in the modern year of 2010.

Douches.
Yup. Metric 13.5x1LH threads all the way.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

.5 x 28 is a much better thread than the LH 13.5 x 1. Even if the metric was RH there its not held as securely as the standard. Dr. Dater told me before I ever got my first Multimount that the LH was irritating for use with that can. Given the choices and my dislike for most of the guns that are offered with threaded barrels I went with a Sig for my first host in 9mm just because it sucked the least of them all.

I bought the M&P for the sole reason that it is standard. This also happens to be the absolute best thread job I have either factory or custom. IMHO 13.5 x 1 serves no purpose unless someone actually made a can that used a LID with a left hand thread as well.

este I handled the .45 today. The trigger is horrible. Easy to do a trigger job on them though.

M&P on the left and Sig 226 Elite on the right

Sig 226 at 8 o'clock and Sig 250 at 11 o'clock.. Yep 2010 and they still are making 13.5 x 1..If you look really hard you can actually see a few threads on the 250..That really holds the can on alot better than the standard thread.. :roll: Your correct though in that with both a tighter fit with double the thread surface area it is an unacceptable thread choice. Not to mention in this comparison a heavier barrel at half the cost with a better trigger, grip, finish, mag release and balance than the 226.
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

I do have a problem with the metric left-hand index-on-the-muzzle threads.

If it unscrews, just a little, it's going to wobble. Also, like was mentioned above, if you want to tighten it down when you are shooting a can with an LCD/LID/Neilson Device that is conventionally (RH) threaded into your can, you have to grip the LCD instead of the can, because if you tighten by griping the can, you may loosen the can from the LCD.

So I'm going to have to agree.... I'm not sure what the advantage is of having metric LH threads that index on the muzzle.... I guess I can unscrew it and attach it slightly faster because it has less threads? That's about it. If it wasn't so expensive to buy a new barrel and piston, I would probably switch my 226 over to RH threading, I guess....

Maybe I'm missing something here.... if so, I'm all ears.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Not sure how other manuf. do it but the AAC Evo 9 booster is keyed to the body of the silencer and will not rotate either direction no matter which way you try and screw it on. Maybe lesser products can come loose.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

The Evo 9 I believe is like the Tundra in that it is a dedicated pistol can. You can swap the pistons but your host options are limited. Aside from that limitation both are 1.25'' diameter cans. Both the Multimount and Trident for example are 1.375" diameter cans that give slightly better sound reduction because of the volume and as an added benefit you have many more host choices. The one disadavantage is when shooting with the LID on metric threads. Given I can use my Multimount on a pistol, machine gun or 3 lug I'm willing to overlook it. Also with the new M&P 9mm in standard threads there is no downside now. It is also easier and more natural to twist the can to the left for a right handed shooter.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AAC-EVO9.html

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/Pistol ... ors-c2.htm

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-2p94.htm

http://www.ar15-ar15.com/SWR_Trident_9_ ... dent-9.htm

Here is a video shooting the Multimount. You'll notice the way in which I have to grip the can and gun to tighten it up. With standard threads you just grab the can with your left hand and twist left, which tightens both the LID and can to the gun at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg2dvmBYVK4

I feel like a Special Ed teacher with a bunch of kids with the snide comments whos parents never taught how to behave..Or in fact I'm a douche with an inferior product. The Trident is the better can out of the four with the better baffle design and the first two being made of steel..But that doesn't address the mounting issue. Yes I could loctite the LID in place on the can and it would no longer be an issue but that defeats the purpose of multiple mounts.

Is this where I should go into the rant about not staying on topic with my thread? I'm gonna stomp my feet and throw a little fit now about that..Of course if that was done with more frequency then maybe this information would be better understood and I wouldn't have to spell out what is already obvious and stay on point about what originally was just about a new host choice at a good price.

TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

David Hineline wrote:Not sure how other manuf. do it but the AAC Evo 9 booster is keyed to the body of the silencer and will not rotate either direction no matter which way you try and screw it on. Maybe lesser products can come loose.
David - I'm talking about the SWR Trident. Not talking about the piston, talking about the whole booster assembly that screws to the threaded insert in the suppressor tube. Same with the Gemtech multimount, or any other similar design.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
Jonas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jonas »

Chondro wrote:Dr. Dater told me before I ever got my first Multimount that the LH was irritating for use with that can.
That's because it's a shitty fucking can with a dickheaded way of attaching the booster to the silencer. Shoulda got an Evo!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

back on topic- sweet!

I don't really care which threads, just glad we have another factory-threaded gun available!
Kick Ass Design
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

None of the mounting options I wanted..Besides mine is take apart now with a steel blast baffle done by Liberty..Problem solved there..M&P with the standard threads solved the last one. Was worth it to find out about a better pistol.

Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

JasonAAC wrote:back on topic- sweet!

I don't really care which threads, just glad we have another factory-threaded gun available!
I was only kidding about staying on topic.. :P

Chuck Finley
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Chuck Finley »

Jeremy, sent you an email on the .45 barrel!
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

I got my barrels today from beye (Jeremy) and they look great and function perfectly on my M&P 9mmand 45. Haven't had a chance to apply the cans but shouldn't be a problem.

Jeremy, thanks for the low price and fast shipping. It was great doing business with you.
beye
Industry Professional

Post by beye »

I just got in 3 Factory S&W M&P 45 Threaded Barrels, they're threaded 578x28. They are $135 + $10 shipping. These didn't come with thread protectors but I have some Lone Wolf that will work for $10. Let me know if you're interested in them.
Jeremy Powell
221 W Crogan Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046

saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

JasonAAC wrote:back on topic- sweet!

Exactly! the buckmark whisper is a good examplw as well. However i feel it is ovrpriced. This smith is a GREAT deal... I have the spec ops model, paid 6 for it with 1 barrel, and had to get anotger booster at 70 bucks....

Whatever it takes to get mainstream, i dont care.

how long till glock crawls outta the dark?

and chondro, that sig line is hysterical! i have a decent stack and i get all nervous when i see one, kinda how you feel when yoy takin that black plastic wrapped magazine to the old lady checking out at barnes and noble.
its quiet time!
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Just ordered one from Buds for 525 Shipped.
beye
Industry Professional

Post by beye »

I just got the Factory threaded 9mm barrels in today also so if you need one let me know. Same price $135
Jeremy Powell
221 W Crogan Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30046

este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

I got mine in direct from S&W today, so far, it looks like it's going to work for the mid-size m&p. Not certain yet, but pretty sure.

Certainly even cutting and rethreading beats a (stupid logo) storm lake. I fully expect to see plenty of suppressed m&ps soon.
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

este wrote:

Douches.
Um.... Right... Because 1/2x28 ISN'T the most common thread for 9mm cans.... Oh wait... Yes, it is.

It isn't right now.

Glock, Walther, SIG, HK, and Steyr all make threaded barrel pistols and all thread to 13.5 x 1 LH. This is the industry standard.
scottryan
Silent But Deadly

Post by scottryan »

TOOL1075 wrote:I do have a problem with the metric left-hand index-on-the-muzzle threads.

If it unscrews, just a little, it's going to wobble. Also, like was mentioned above, if you want to tighten it down when you are shooting a can with an LCD/LID/Neilson Device that is conventionally (RH) threaded into your can, you have to grip the LCD instead of the can, because if you tighten by griping the can, you may loosen the can from the LCD.

So I'm going to have to agree.... I'm not sure what the advantage is of having metric LH threads that index on the muzzle.... I guess I can unscrew it and attach it slightly faster because it has less threads? That's about it. If it wasn't so expensive to buy a new barrel and piston, I would probably switch my 226 over to RH threading, I guess....

Maybe I'm missing something here.... if so, I'm all ears.

Well if you wouldn't have bought a piece of s--t silencer, your lid won't come unscrewed. The AAC Evo and TiRant are both keyed so this won't happen.