aprox. max weight for non LID can. "weight on barrel"

General silencer discussion. If you want to talk about a specific silenced rifle or pistol, it is best to do that in the rifle or pistol section for that brand.

All NFA laws apply.

Moderators: mpallett, mr fixit, bakerjw, renegade

spartan45

aprox. max weight for non LID can. "weight on barrel"

Post by spartan45 »

does anyone have a ballpark guess as to the max amount of weight a browning action/ tilting barrel can support and still reasonably cycle? i have a Excam TA-90 9mm (pics below).
its a CZ-75 clone from '89 and while the barrel does move it really doesn't tilt. it slightly drops for the slide to pass over and complete the cycling.

i'm asking because i plan to build a 9mm micro can for it. i'm thinking a Ti tube and Al innards. no real design plan in mind as of yet. i was shooting it over Thanksgiving and thought it would make and interesting project. all forms filed and rules followed of course.

gonna send it off to ADCO soon for threading and extending. was toying with the idea of turning some solid muzzle breaks/flash hiders out of scrap rod of different weights to see what i would come up with. but thats a waste of material and time or is it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

apologizes for having the magazine in. its not loaded but still...